Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek:ok guys here it is i went to advanced auto parts and bought a imperial electric 16 inch fan part #226116 and a thermal probe fan controller part#p12623-is dor 99 dollars and sepratly i purchased a 30 amp realy 5 pin (u can use a 4 )just 5 was all they had no big deal ok im going to simplafiy all this the parts all come with instructions and diagrams so to start remove upper radiator support and shroud and fan the mechanical fans are a pita to get off i just cut mine off with a swaz all now reomve the grill and take the 2 10 mm bolts that hold the ac condenser to the radiator if ya have ac then with all removed. place the fan as close to the lower radiator hose as possible attach following manufacters driections (i should note if u use the same fan i did before you install pull the c clip on the back of the fan and flip the blade over this makes the fan pull air not push ) ok once its mounted you can cut the tabs that hold the stock fan shroud down flush to radiator support but do leave them in they help support the radiator then reinstall all parts nowfor wiring i grounded my fan to the rad support by scuffing paint away and placing the ground wire with a ring terminal to the mounting bolt for radiator support once this is done give a simple powr wire to test fan fo no issues if all good now start wiring once agian all parts have thier diagram i have photos to show locations of parts but run a 10-14 gauge wire i used 12 from battery to the relay then from relay to controller then controller to fan the fan is wired at this point remeber with the exception of wire from relay to fan controller install a 20 anmp fuse link on both power wires meaning from batt to relay and controller to fan wires should have this fuse link now go inside jeep fuse box fuse position number 2 is cigarate lighter i used this as a key on wire for relay pull it so wires are dead remove driver side lower dash panel and cigarate lighter control panel then tap a wire to hot side of cigarate lights now you install a switch at this point like i did or just wire wire to relay your choice then drill a hole in firewall next to brake pedal under dash i have pics of this as well or how ever you wish to run it that is your signal wire to relay and i grounded my relay with a fork terminal inbetween brake booseter and master cylinder and i attached both relay and controller to evap mounting bracket located drive side inner fender next to air box like i said follow manufacture wiring diagram and youll be all good all in all for the fan +fan controller +relay and wires it was 130 for all and i love it

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
wow...is it just me or was that extremely hard on the eyes? Use punctuation please. Good information, just too much at one time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
any overheating issues? That fan looks WAY too small, and there definitely isn't enough fan shroud to pull air through the entire radiator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts