Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard or seen this guy? He posted over on the www.jeepforums.com board.

has anyone out there with a WJ experienced the "shake of death". to call it a vibration is a huge understatement. it occurs when you are going over 30 mph and you hit a hard bump and the front end shakes so hard that you have to slam on the brakes and completely stop and then start again. this occurence started when i put my first 4" lift on and when i went to 10" of lift it didn't do it since, well, it's back with avengence and i have no idea how to eliminate it. i put a dual stabilizer on to bandaid the problem, but the "shake of death" prevailed. i can't believe my tires don't just fly off. what's up? any help?

Hunter :ZJ:

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
526 Posts
I aree, if you can handle a 10" lift then DW shouldn't be a problem.... another case of the wallet exceeding the brains...

still... i'd like to see some pics

·
Registered
495 Posts
I think there is a little bit of Paul Harvey talking with this guy. IE the rest of the story. I think he is posting to get some attention as being the 10 inch WJ guru or something. I do not think his post is worth commenting on because each person and lift combination is up to them to decide if it is the ultimate for themselves. JMHO

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I replied. :D

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can't believe it, "I live out in the woods and use my jeep not for just going to the grocery store!"

I live in the city and use my jeep to drive to the base everyday, not just for bringing home the LCDR but, going wheeling (voluntarily), hunting and whatever else I want.

I want pics. 10 inches of WJ lift ( I bet he has stock axles)

Hunter :ZJ:

·
Registered
164 Posts
I would think that if he really had 4, 6 and 8 inch lifts that he did himself, he would know as much as anyone about what to do to get rid of his DW. He didn't say if he had LA's, but he would have to have them. :lol:

·
Registered
841 Posts
why would you put protection around the part on the bumper that should have been trimmed off anyway? At least he has rocker protection. :pant:

·
Registered
236 Posts
ROKN ZJ said:
http://damianmantis.tripod.com/fullmetaljacket/img1.jpg

That doesn't really look near 10" to me, I've seen much worse...
Agreed, I'm thinking it's closer to 8" with a 2" exaggeration factor. Lame however.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just came across forum something about a big lift on a wj I just welded this one up for my limited not sure exactly how many inches but it clears 38s pretty nice with my tuned front fenders

1 - 18 of 18 Posts