Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

WMS on stock ZJ axles?

6K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  matwaz 
#1 ·
Don't really have time to go get a tape and get under and measure at work, what is the WMS to WMS measurement of our stock D30/D44 setups?

I want to say 62", but I wish to be as accurate as possible.

#2 ·
matt , I want to say that they are 60.5" WMS-WMS, the reason why I remember this was that Dynatrac quoted a price for a buddy of mine on a ZJ axle and they said they like to make the axles 1" wider than stock, and the dimensions they gave us was 61.5"..

I could be wrong, but I think I am pretty darn close

WJ's are wider BTW..

#3 ·
papromike said:
matt , I want to say that they are 60.5" WMS-WMS, the reason why I remember this was that Dynatrac quoted a price for a buddy of mine on a ZJ axle and they said they like to make the axles 1" wider than stock, and the dimensions they gave us was 61.5"..

I could be wrong, but I think I am pretty darn close
Thanks, if worse comes to worse, I could run home and measure my XJ's front which is torn apart and EASILY accessable, but I really didn't want to go through the hassle of a separate trip.

#4 ·
My FSM lists the "track" of the d30 and d35 at 58.5", but I always thought they were an inch or 2 wider. What exactly are you needing this measurement for?

#9 ·
Mike_Lib said:
60.5 is right as Papro pointed out.

I'm kind of stumped Matt had to ask this question....I thought he knew everything ;)
Lack of need causes loss of relevant data. Hell, I couldn't remember what Ujoints my DS used the other day. Took me a good five minutes to remember the spicer number, and even then, I had to double-check when I got back to my trail kit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.