Electric fan not shutting off! - North American Grand Cherokee Association
North American Grand Cherokee Association

Go Back   North American Grand Cherokee Association > Grand Cherokee Forum > Jeep Grand Cherokee Lounge-ZJ/WJ
Nagca.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-05-2019, 02:31 PM   #1
XJScott
Grand Rookie

Default Electric fan not shutting off!

First thing... Did a search but found nothing...
My 99 4.7 limited electric fan won't shut off!
Had it on some trail riding this weekend and ran great until today when I went to wash her. Got to the carwash and noticed the electric fan was still running after shutting it off and taking out the key. Carwash is only 1/2 mile from my apt so I know it was not hot. Only way to shut it off was take out the fuse in the power center under the hood.
Could this be the infamous sensor behind the headlight? (Please say no) or i read of a temp sensor in the overflow bottle and one by the radiator itself?
Any thoughts?
XJScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2019, 02:34 PM   #2
gcjeeping
Grand Junkie

Fan relay is bad. Located under the pass headlight. You can google how to replace it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gcjeeping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 01:30 AM   #3
thatboy
Grand Rookie

The average price that would cost you is $100.
thatboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-04-2019, 01:47 PM   #4
XJScott
Grand Rookie

Finally got it fixed! Actually did it a week ago but never posted update. Fan runs great now. Easy fix with dremel and gorilla tape! Connector was a challenge but gentle persuasion to unclick it and dielectric grease to plug it back in. Took maybe 1/2 hour. Piece of cake! Thanks for the help! New question coming in new post!
XJScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement