Official Newbie Intro thread... - Page 77 - North American Grand Cherokee Association
North American Grand Cherokee Association

Go Back   North American Grand Cherokee Association > Grand Cherokee Forum > New Member Introductions
Nagca.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-28-2018, 06:40 PM   #761
Grub54891
Grand Rookie

Default Newbie to forums.

Just singed up, I've had Jeeps before, All Grand Cherokees. A 95, and am on my second 99. My 95 just simple rusted away, and wore out. The first 99 was a good one, straight 6 motor. It got T-Boned, and totaled. The second 99 I have now has the 4.7 v8. Got it for a good price, as it needed all the brakes, clock spring, crank sensor, and iac. And heater core....That was an adventure in itself!... PO used after market sensors, and could never get it to run right. All are factory parts now. It came from salt free state, so rust free! All that's left is the ac, re-sealed everything I could find except the pump itself. Think it's leaking. I used the dye, but it seems they did before so I can't tell where the leaks are with the blacklight. I'll have to clean the bay up to re-check. Motor replaced 70,000 miles ago and the tranny just before that, so I think it'll be a good rig up here in Northern Wi.
Grub54891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2018, 08:53 PM   #762
Bamfster
Grand Rookie

Default Hi from a mile high ...

Just signed up, will be inheriting a 98 GC from my kid lol. It needs a Tcase swap since it has a locked up 249.
Bamfster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 01:40 PM   #763
BloNdeChiNeEz
Grand Rookie

AloooooooHa! From The Big Island of Hawaii!!
Where the Lava flow is a few miles from my home!
I just purchased a '93 Grand Cherokee for $350! She runs great, needs a paint job, some little fixes and Luv! She is my first jeep, if I don't count my ex's old jeep that rotted in his driveway!
Ok..... So I'm a female, blonde and a retired RN, who really loves fixer upper cars [I have a '72 Beetle and a '71 Chevy 1-ton truck with a 454 under her hood!)....
'Cept I don't know that much about fixing cars so youtube is my go to source! lol
My bestest friend who was kind enough to impart some of his auto-mechanic skills on me before the PunkyAss moved to the Mainland, so here I am! [Be prepared for LoTsa questions]
Mahalo Nui Loa!
Thank You All So Much!

Last edited by BloNdeChiNeEz; 10-16-2018 at 02:06 PM.
BloNdeChiNeEz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-09-2018, 08:11 AM   #764
stevenriz
Grand Rookie

Default Good to be here!

Hi everyone. Just bought a 2017 GC Summit Series. Love it! Can't wait to share info and have fun here...
stevenriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 06:01 PM   #765
elderair
Grand Rookie

Default New WJ owner in Missouri

Hello all. Just purchased my one owner 198,000 mile GC Laredo from one of my friends. Had a noisy 247 Xfer case and I swapped it with a LKQ salvage 242HD from a 2001 GC. Reused the rear driveshaft after installing a 1330 series spicer yoke out of a GM product mated to the 1310 jeep yoke with a odd size u-joint cross from Oreilley's. Also replaced the front CV driveshaft with a pick n pull unit due to bad cv joint. Front and rear driveshafts will be Tom Woods once the 6" lift is installed {planning on COR long arm}. The 4.7 ran great but due to mileage I replaced the timing set (all parts) with a new Cloyes set. New Autolite platinum plugs and now the beast has had about 1,000 miles on it since. Loving it! Only problem is that my wife does too!
elderair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 01:30 AM   #766
Briian-Emmons
Grand Junkie

welcome to the forum guys and the wonderful joys of Jeep ownership
Briian-Emmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 06:53 AM   #767
mattfrey
Grand Rookie

Send a message via AIM to mattfrey

Hi all,
My name is Mattfrey, I am from Liverpool, England. Itís my pleasure to make friend with you all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mattfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 08:13 AM   #768
Briian-Emmons
Grand Junkie

Hi Matt
nice to have another Englander here
Old 12-20-2018, 06:46 AM   #769
Andy G
Grand Rookie

Greetings.

Retired U.S. Coast Guard Chief...just bought a 2000 GC Laredo that needs some work, but will be fun once it’s ready to rock and roll.

Andy
Andy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 10:42 AM   #770
Briian-Emmons
Grand Junkie

welcome to the Forum Andy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement