Official Newbie Intro thread... - Page 69 - North American Grand Cherokee Association
North American Grand Cherokee Association

Go Back   North American Grand Cherokee Association > Grand Cherokee Forum > New Member Introductions
Nagca.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-21-2016, 04:18 PM   #681
I<3zj
Grand Rookie

Hey everybody! Jonathan here a New guy to the forum but not new to jeeps. I just bought a 94 grand Cherokee 5.2 V8. This is my third Grand Cherokee but my sixth jeep.this is probably the one Jeep I have had that needs the most work done to it. Right off the bat I had to find a new transfer case because the 249 is toast. And there was a lot of things wrong with it that neither I or the mechanic found wrong with it until after I paid for. But it's a jeep it runs and drives and winter will be here very soon so it's on word with repairs. Not planning anything crazy with it right now just going to swap A 231 transfer case, New tires, bumpers and winch. Might do some lighting upgrades but want to keep it stock for the first winter so my wife can get used to it. Next summer we will do a Ironrock off-road 5.5 long arm lift, 33's and other supporting mods. I am in Wyoming so I'm looking forward to meeting with some Colorado members and going out for some family-friendly trail rides
I<3zj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2016, 07:08 PM   #682
Carwile
Grand Rookie

New to this sight but have been wrenching on 4x4s for most of my life. Owned 2 cjs,3 scouts and now I have a 99 wj
Carwile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 07:25 PM   #683
Carwile
Grand Rookie

99 canadian wj 4.7 Arb rear 44hd,4.88 revolution gears front varilok ,32 spline 6 pinion planetary,242 hd sye, double core aluminum radiator,spandoa rockrails, factory skids 4 inch lift.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0820162029_1471918035263.jpg (213.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 0820162030_1471918328967.jpg (207.3 KB, 4 views)
Carwile is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-25-2016, 06:05 PM   #684
Solly54
Grand Rookie

Default noob from AZ.

New Guy,
My name is Mark and I just purchased a new 2016 Laredo with adventure 1 package and tow package , this looked like a good place to come for info, not new to Jeeps I still own a lifted 1990 2 door Cherokee 5 speed manual , with lock rite rear locker and 15 x 31 x10.50 BFG'S .
Most my heavy 4x4 days are behind me so I will probably sell the old Cherokee and rely on the new G.C. to take me down the road with my small pop up camper . I hope this new Cherokee will take me where I want to go.
Hope to be useful member, see ya down the road on my next post.
Solly54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:26 PM   #685
Daxom
Grand Rookie

First Jeep Owner and off roading noob here. Just purchased a 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 4 days ago. just wanted to say hello and am looking forward to reading and learning as much as possible.

Cannot figure out for the life of me, of how to get pics up in my avatar and photo gallery.

Daxom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 11:35 AM   #686
95CGZJ
Grand Rookie

Send a message via Skype™ to 95CGZJ
Cool Noob 95 GC ltd

Hi i just joined the forum, it doesn't look like it is too active tho- long time jeep owner my fiorst was a 67 wagoneer three on the tree with a modified 283 in it from my 67 chevy. i have had 3 grand wagoneers 2 1978, 1987, 1992 before getting a 93 GC and now my 1995 GC limited she has over 300,000 on her, the body and frame were rebuilt before I got her, pd 500.00 and drove it home after it had sat in a barn since 2006 I got it in 2015. I am in MA, and belong to a great group called Central Mass Jeeperz a great family oriented group that does lots of charity stuff as a group ( the lemonade stand convoy was us).
95CGZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 06:38 PM   #687
[email protected]
Grand Rookie

Thanks for the "Newbie" thread! I have an unmolested, everything still working, '95 ZJ. 163k, 5.2L The extent of my knowledge about Jeeps and 4x4 in general, is Jeeps are cool, and 2wd is for getting stuck, 4wd is for getting UN-stuck. The whole idea of going out to test the limits of a Jeep is a new concept for me. After some soul searching, I would prefer to discover strange new worlds, rather than race in circles the rest of my life. Social media has shown the Jeep "family" rather accepting and helpful, which has peaked my interest in exploring the community and my Jeep further.
Brian@directsource.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 01:18 AM   #688
JL719
Grand Rookie

What's up NAGCA!

I own a WJ with the 4.7 and Selec-Trac. Right now I only have a 4" lift on it. It started out as a RC lift kit but certain parts have been swapped out (due to failure I might add) for parts from IRO or Kevin's Offroad.

Soon I will be gearing up to have a Clayton 6" (to fit 33" tires) installed (probably done by Kevin's in AZ) along with an axle swap. I couldn't help but notice that ECGS now offers a bolt in JK Dana 44 for the WJ. I think that may be the route I go with an E-Locker option. The goal is to put together a solid over-land rig. I don't think I'll be doing a great deal of technical rock crawling. But I don't want to be getting stuck when towing the wife & kids along either.

I'll be cruising around the forums looking for information until I get back. I have been working over-seas for a while now and I know I'll be a little rusty with my mechanical abilities when I return but I cannot wait to clear the dust off of the tools and go "Monster Garage" on my WJ!
JL719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 10:54 AM   #689
JSJJ388
Grand Rookie

Hey yall. Got a 94 ZJ a few months ago. Came across this sight looking for some budget mods and thought it looked like a good group. So far its stock except for 31s and some bumper trimming. Just put all new bearings in the differential yesterday.
Old 10-06-2016, 06:37 AM   #690
ilpaco
Grand Rookie

Hi everybody. Posting from Italy (sorry for my terrible english) as we don't have here such a complete forum on Jeep. I'm thinkin to buy a grand cherokee 2016 Overland. Great car, superb in my opinion. The only thing is that i don't know if my garage is high enough. Can someone help me and tell me how high is the tailgate when open? my door is 2.15 meters. Thanks in advance. kind regards

Last edited by ilpaco; 10-06-2016 at 06:49 AM.
ilpaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement