Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

CB Radio/Antenna Placement

23K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  sourlemon 
#1 ·
Ok, I'm tired of all these repeatetive threads. Post your pictures. I'll post all that I've found.

See less See more
#4 ·
Mine....

ZJ overhead console. Compartment for sun glasses still works.

#8 ·
Ya what can I say, its a wheeling rig not a show rig. Every trail I ride is about an hour down a dusty road. Plus having the windows open when you hit a mud puddle doesn't help either.

#13 ·
I was thinking the same thing. But the heater core and stuff is back there, so it's not deep enough.

Here was my solution:

I picked up the CB minus a bracket, so I custom made one with some bar stock.

And it doesn't even intrude in the wifey's space.

Got the 4.5 ft whip mounted on the passenger side quarter panel.

#15 ·
Archerman99, did you ever get the write up done on this? I searched but didn't find it. I am working on getting my HAM license and will be putting my 2 meter rig in this same location and running the Cobra 75 WX ST for my CB channels of to the side.

#16 ·
On top of the dash behind the steering wheel is the best position for your radio, for easiest access, and you can easily read your meter(s).

The antenna should be on the roof, in the center. (If you have a metal roof!) If you don't, I feel sorry for you, because no matter where you mount the antenna, it will not be performing as well as a roof mounted antenna. (That's just the way it is.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.