Strange tone coming from speakers - North American Grand Cherokee Association
North American Grand Cherokee Association

Go Back   North American Grand Cherokee Association > More Grand Cherokee Discussions > Grand Cherokee - Car Audio,Video & Electronics
Nagca.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-17-2018, 01:28 PM   #1
naa10104
Grand Rookie

Default Strange tone coming from speakers

Have a 18 Grand Cherokee Limited, Sterling Edition with the Uconnect 4C Nav 8.4 " display, 9 speakers, Sub-woofer and 506 watt amp. Turned the radio on today and a continuous tone could be heard from all the speakers, as far as I could tell. Turned the system on and off several times and restarted the vehicle, but the tone was still there. Several hours later I went back out to the car at the direction of the dealership to see if I could isolate the tone to one speaker indicating a bad speaker. When I turned the car on the radio worked normaly, no tone. Any idea what could cause this issue ? Thanks very much.

sTeve
naa10104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2018, 02:32 PM   #2
naa10104
Grand Rookie

Default Speaker Noise

Noise happened again .. .this time drove it straight to the dealer service department. Both the service writer and technician heard the noise and were able to see when it occurred. They found two stored trouble codes for the AMP that had occurred earlier not during this episode. I also explained to the technician that sometime the radio "pops" which he said sounds like an AMP problem. At this point they don't want to replace the AMP as they feel it could be something else, not sure about that. Waiting to hear back from them.

steve
Old 05-09-2019, 01:55 AM   #3
naa10104
Grand Rookie

Default Audio Tone is back

Since my last post I have been back to the dealer several times. They eventually installed a new amp. No issues until yesterday when the constant audio tone returned. The tone was present while in AM FM and SAT mode. It is coming from all speakers. If I go to hands free or media mode the tone goes away. I immediately drove to the dealership so they could hear it AGAIN. They checked and found app. 13 stored codes for speaker input/output problems, video input problem etc. I am beyond frustrated with this ! This is the most expensive vehicle I have ever purchased and I have already had it back to the dealership and body shop a half dozen times. I have owned used vehicles with less issues. Anyone out there having a similar problem ? Curious if it could be a problem with a short in the antenna since it only happens in the AM FM SAT mode. I think I read somewhere that one owner found a loose antenna connection under his dash. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement