What did you do to your GC today? - Page 482 - North American Grand Cherokee Association
North American Grand Cherokee Association

Go Back   North American Grand Cherokee Association > Grand Cherokee Forum > Jeep Grand Cherokee Lounge-ZJ/WJ
Nagca.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-30-2018, 06:10 PM   #4811
WJMaass
Grand Rookie

2003 Grand Cherokee Laredo with 213,000 miles. Today I put some 3-in-1 oil on door hinges, hood latch, tail gate hinges. Just little stuff. It's been a really great vehicle sold to me for a dollar by my ex-boss when he bought a brand new Grand Cherokee.
WJMaass is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2019, 02:17 PM   #4812
hayes429
Grand Rookie

If you keep it, in a year or two you will be an expert. Does the 2003 tcase still have a viscous coupler?

Last edited by hayes429; 02-24-2019 at 02:20 PM.
hayes429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 01:18 PM   #4813
Briian-Emmons
Grand Junkie

it will depend what transfer box is fitted
Briian-Emmons is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2019, 08:59 AM   #4814
Hamilton Felix
Grand Rookie

We recently picked up a high mileage but straight and clean 2004 Limited. Our 1999 Laredo is morphing into a Beast, so my wife wanted a Beauty for civilized errands. I've had a couple of tie rod ends and some hoses changed. I replaced rear hatch struts last week.

Yesterday, I did the hood struts and the glass hatch struts.

I replaced the little 194NA bulbs in front markers, and I've swapped to 9012 low and 9011 high beam bulbs (yes, there's a way, but you have to loosen the three screws on the plastic retaining ring, and you removed the blue stiffener on the wire at the bulb).

I installed a Curt receiver hitch. Now I only have to install the wiring kits and a brake controller.

The seller was up front about this dual temperature zone heater having the dreaded blend door issue, and the passenger received only cold air on feet. I ordered blend doors from JGC parts, and yesterday cut my way in. Turns out the doors are OK, but the "rear" actuator against the firewall, the one that moves passenger side blend door and is impossible to replace without pulling everything apart, sounds like its gears are stripped. I'm gathering more info, but think I'll just join the two doors to each other, let the front actuator run both. I'm happy with a single zone heater like we have in our 1999 Laredo.

I did put Rain-X on the windshield yesterday, too. And I ordered nice rear bed floor protectors for both Jeeps from Quadratec. Even the "civilized" Jeep will have axe, shovel, chainsaw and sometimes gasoline or diesel cans back there. Not to mention the wet chain I tossed in back after the darned thing GOT STUCK in dense snow yesterday, and I had to pull it out with my 60 year old Massey Ferguson. Better tires are on the list.

I'm wondering how one assesses the condition of Quadra Drive, how to know when it's time to rebuild those internal clutch packs in the differentials. I was alone when I got stuck, so didn't have a friend to watch and see how many wheels were turning.
1999 Laredo, Quadra Drive, 5" Rock Krawler suspension, Rola rack, 255/85R16 Toyo Open Country MT tires. Custom front end guard and front receiver, rear bumper & swing-away carrier. 2004 Limited, unmodified. 9012 low & 9011 high bulbs in both.
Hamilton Felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 07:11 PM   #4815
Mr4btTahoe
Grand Rookie

Buttoned up my JK winch bumper swap onto my ZJ. Bumper was dirt cheap so I made it work and it turned out decent. Waiting on post count to add pics to my thread.
Mr4btTahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 01:09 PM   #4816
DJTimyD
Grand Rookie

well - this was actually several weeks ago:

I tried to post a new question in the forum, and I've been waiting for a moderator to approve. I'm guessing they don't log in anymore? So how do I post a new topic?
DJTimyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 02:27 PM   #4817
Briian-Emmons
Grand Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTimyD View Post
well - this was actually several weeks ago:

I tried to post a new question in the forum, and I've been waiting for a moderator to approve. I'm guessing they don't log in anymore? So how do I post a new topic?
what are you trying to post as I am getting no notifications
Briian-Emmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 03:06 PM   #4818
DJTimyD
Grand Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briian-Emmons View Post
what are you trying to post as I am getting no notifications
PM sent
DJTimyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 07:58 PM   #4819
Oldbeginner#63
Grand Rookie

I recently bought a 2001 GC Limited 60th Anniversary Edition that was sitting in a drive way with a flat tire, passenger window glass missing due to a break in, radiator leak, a broken glove box latch, and power steering pressure hose with a hole in it. I found a window and glove box latch at the You Pull It yard, and picked up a power steering hose and JB Weld radiator epoxy at Napa.
Today my 23 old daughter and I repaired the radiator, installed the glass, glove box latch, and power steering hose. After charging the dead battery and confirming no coolant or power steering fluid leaks, and inflating the tire, we went directly to Discount Tire and had the tire replaced. It had cracks in the sidewall from sitting flat for a few years. I bought some Lucas engine/fuel system cleaner and poured it into the gas tank.
I've got to say that I am really impressed with the handling, and the power of the 4.7L . We got it back home and cleaned the interior with carpet cleaner and gave it the first wash it had in years.
Next up is replacing the rims and old tires, new rear hatch and hood supports,and replacing all the interior lamps with LED's.

Last edited by Oldbeginner#63; 08-17-2019 at 12:29 PM.
Oldbeginner#63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement