LETS TRY A NEW MOD!!! - North American Grand Cherokee Association
North American Grand Cherokee Association

Go Back   North American Grand Cherokee Association > Grand Slam Events > Grand Slam North
Nagca.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-30-2004, 09:38 AM   #1
ZJipsomatic
Grand Addict

Send a message via AIM to ZJipsomatic
Default LETS TRY A NEW MOD!!!

i tried to get mod rights then he (kc) just showed up. and bamm left us high and dry.....

ok, i propose a new location on the other side of the lake... in MI,

Silver Lake Sand Dunes...

it is a ton of fun, and not too late in the year to plan a SLAM...

any interest?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2004, 02:15 AM   #2
Taz93ZJ
Grand Junkie

teh UP? :?
Old 09-09-2004, 11:47 AM   #3
98michzj
Grand Rookie

How about Drummond Island?
98michzj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2004, 05:18 AM   #4
ZJipsomatic
Grand Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98michzj
How about Drummond Island?
yea drummond would rock, and not be so dumb as the sand, i dont really like to ride in the sand... i dont think it s very good for your jeep, just cuz, well sand doesnt go well with engines, but i know alot of pleaple who dont really have any probeles with it...

drummond sounds fun....

oh yea, and if anyone saw the new JP there is a huge article about GS, and no mention of norht, cuz ****stick didnt come back to organize it we missed out on some exposure, but its not too late to make a drummond run this year.
Old 09-11-2004, 08:20 AM   #5
98michzj
Grand Rookie

Yeah the sand isn't the best for the vehicle. My dad and I ran our 94 zj there and it was pretty fun, but there are just too many people running around. I was up at Drummond a couple years ago with my dads stock wj. That was fun but we obviously had limitations of where we could go (with one vehicle). Some of the locals were telling us about the Jeep Jamborees that go up there every year. Evidently we were up there right after a jamboree. Some of the trails get very muddy as I recall, and the landscape is very cool with the rocks and the lakes and all. I think a get together up there would be great.
Old 09-11-2004, 03:35 PM   #6
ZJipsomatic
Grand Addict

well lets get a date (month) in mind to start with. i say early/mid oct.

how bout anyone else?

and i dont think this should be a "lets go on a trail ride" thread, we still havent had the 1st GSN so i think this would be a great spot for it. :thumbsup:
Old 09-11-2004, 07:30 PM   #7
98michzj
Grand Rookie

One problem with Drummond is I believe a lot of it is private land. I believe Jeep Jamboree's get permission to wheel on that land also. Do you know if there is public camping on the island? What about somewhere in the UP?
Old 09-12-2004, 07:08 AM   #8
ZJipsomatic
Grand Addict

i know who owns it :thumbsup:

im sure we can get permission :woot:

im sure we could find somewhere in the UP, and that would definatly be raw, but i dont know never wheeled up there before.
Old 09-12-2004, 08:34 AM   #9
98michzj
Grand Rookie

Yeah I have only ridden dirtbikes in the UP. I was about 40 west of Sault St Marie. I think early to mid oct would be best considering weather and the trees are in color at that time. Would this be a Grands only event? Because I have a friend with an xj and we have been talking about going somewhere this fall since we both have got our lifts done this summer.

I think we need to try to get quite a few people to come, so there are a few groups with different ability levels. My friend and I both got our Jeeps last winter and are both :newbie: 's to wheelin.

Also, since you live in Michigan and know what Jeepin is like in our state, what tires do you think I should get for my 3.5 RE? I would love Trxuss MT or BFG MT but an AT is more realistic for me. Thanks, I will be getting these in the next couple weeks so Drummond would be me first time out with lift and tires.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:43 PM   #10
ZJipsomatic
Grand Addict

nah, id rather have a real Grand Slam, so id say no, but if he came he prolly wouldnt be turned away..... :crazy:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement