Early headcount/interest - Page 4 - North American Grand Cherokee Association
North American Grand Cherokee Association

Go Back   North American Grand Cherokee Association > Grand Slam Events > Grand Slam North
Nagca.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-16-2004, 08:20 AM   #31

Just out of curiosity, why is it during the week? There's a good possibility I will come up Friday after work on the 9th, wheel the 10th/11th and head out if any others plan the same. Can't take anymore days off work; my 3 weeks are already booked up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2004, 01:52 PM   #32
ZJipsomatic
Grand Addict

Send a message via AIM to ZJipsomatic

sheet~!

the only days i got off work were for the weekend of the 16th, i couldnt remeber the date, and i knew it wasnt in the single digits. i ASSUMED.... that it was going to be a weekend, why the hell would we think it would be during the week?

jobs give us money to pour into our trucks.

jobs jobs jobs....

yeah, im down for the july15-18th. thats when i can go. :thumbsup:
Old 03-24-2004, 03:22 PM   #33

I'm in as long as the ZJ survives GSW and this still fits into my calander (I think it will.)

However, I'm voting for GRAND slam. It's not TJ slam, XJ slam, or any other kind of slam. it's a GRAAAAAND slam!

Only exception I've seen that made any sense at all was at GSMW last year where the trail guides were in TJ's. We needed guides.

Call me crazy

Old 03-24-2004, 04:45 PM   #34
ZJipsomatic
Grand Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsZJ
...However, I'm voting for GRAND slam. It's not TJ slam, XJ slam, or any other kind of slam. it's a GRAAAAAND slam!

Only exception I've seen that made any sense at all was at GSMW last year where the trail guides were in TJ's. We needed guides.

Call me crazy
\\

heeal yea. I dont care about the guides, i guess, but it does seem kinda weird that a bunch of ZJ.Wjs show up and need other to show them the trails!! when its not like that at all actually ... :smoke:

and it will survive, the show must go on.
ZJipsomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 08:42 PM   #35
KevinsOffroad.com
Grand Addict

As a Grand Slam organizer who has spent a LOT of time setting up similiar events in Utah, Colorado, and in Arizona, I wholeheartedly agree with Sandy in that the name "Grand Slam" needs to be reserved exclusively for Grand Cherokee runs only. There is no reason why the guides can't jump in with the driver of a Grand and lead the trail. I'm reasonably certain that Clay Cissell who runs this site would agree that the "Grand Slam" name needs to be preserved and protected for exclusively Grand Cherokee events. E-mail him and ask him before we move forward further.

(BTW, if you guys are hell-bent on inviting other rigs, please, please, PLEASE name it something differently...like "Gilbert Jeep-Freid" or "Minnesota All-Jeep Invitational" or something. I just got home from running trails all weekend in Moab at Easter Jeep Safari with nearly exclusively ALL Wranglers...and most of my buddies run either TJs or XJs, so I'm not a racist or anything, lol. However, I beg of you to please preserve the "Grand Slam" name.)

Very Sincerely,
Kevin
KevinsOffroad.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 05:28 AM   #36
Alaska ZJ
Grand Master

I agree. Grand Slams are for Grand Cherokee's. Call it something else if your gonna invite and allow other rigs.

Oh and not that I am vehicle specific, but I won't be driving over to wheel with just anybody. If it's not a Grand Slam...I'll just drive 7 hours south to the Black Hills to wheel with just anybody.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Alaska ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 05:48 AM   #37
ZJipsomatic
Grand Addict

i dont know many times ive wanted to post just to agree with AK, so i figure that this one is worth it, since its all adding up. :thumbsup:
Old 04-14-2004, 12:01 PM   #38
Kornchild
Grand Rookie

agreed, this is going to be a Grand Cherokee only event......

I do need an idea on how many people are coming and that want to camp, I need to reserve teh spots, since they do fill up quite quickly in the summer.....
Kornchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 02:06 PM   #39
msvance
Grand Junkie

as far as I know I am in. I'll need a camping spot for this......

Advertisement