Details - North American Grand Cherokee Association
North American Grand Cherokee Association

Go Back   North American Grand Cherokee Association > Grand Slam Events > Grand Slam North
Nagca.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-18-2003, 06:47 PM   #1
Kornchild
Grand Rookie

Default Details

I am looking at setting up a Grand Slam North in Northern Minnesota at an offroad park in Gilbert. It has a wide variety of challange levels. I am planning on sometime next summer, no dates set yet. Some of the details I have found out so far. Costs are dependent on a few things. If your state issues OHV stickers, then the cost will be 0 to go wheeling for 3 days or however long you wanna stay. If you don't have a OHV sticker, then the cost is 40 dollars, but that sticker is good for 3 years, so if you attend the event 3 years in a row you only need to buy the sticker once. Camping is almost onsite, basically 1 mile down the road. Last year it was 7 dollars a night for a site, but I have heard it changed to 14 dollars a night. But the sites can be split between 3-4 different rigs/people. There are also spots for RV hookup if you are intersted in that. For those people who like hotels there are 3 hotels within 15 miles of the site in Virginia Minnesota.
This is just a tenative bunch of information, so if anyone has anything to add please feel free. If you have any questions feel free to contact me on here or via email [email protected]
Thanks a lot
Aaron
Kornchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2003, 12:39 PM   #2

Alright, someplace local! I live in Grand Forks, so its just a straight shot across minnesotta for me. Keep me updated, i'll be sure to come to the event, its about time I break my Jeep's virginity!
Old 12-08-2003, 12:40 PM   #3
seth586
Grand Junkie

Send a message via ICQ to seth586 Send a message via AIM to seth586 Send a message via MSN to seth586

Bah, forgot to login first. I sent you an email as well.

Old 02-14-2004, 05:55 AM   #4
Texas ZJ1
Grand Master

It is closer than going to GSE or GSW for me. From Omaha, you're only 580 miles.

Hunter :ZJ:

04 4.7 HO limited.

94 5.9 Laredo, (RE 4.5 lift with 2 inch spacers), Super 35 with Detroit, Turbo City dual air inlet, Performance ECU, Magna flow, LP-1 Sliderz, 33s and 35 x 12.50 15s on 15x8s, addco F&R, rear bumper w/ tire carrier, skids, 4.56s, and ARB front bumper. - SOLD to CBatZJ...
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 04:31 PM   #5
joseph humphrey
Grand Rookie

i waould absolutely love to attend either of the weekends in the poll post below, but i have a couple of questions for you...:

1. what type of mods would we need to have to our (read my) zj to go on some of the trails? would a 2" BB with 31's be enough? what else are we going to need?

2. is this a pre register only event or can we just show up and get the stickers?

thanks!
joseph humphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 02:03 PM   #6
Kornchild
Grand Rookie

Pre register would be nice from a numbers stand point. If you guys want Teeshirts and some small drawings we all need to register ahead of time. The actually offroad park you can buy the stickers for there, after you pass tech inspection. Which basically means, rollcage(no problem with ZJ/WJ), seatbelts and a dB level below 100...... My requirement will be you must have towpoints front and rear, rockerguards, and at least 1 fullsized spair......
Old 03-09-2004, 07:55 AM   #7

I might be up for this. I've got tons of family in MN and haven't been back in the summer months for YEARS. When are you guys thinking about holding the event, and how far away is this place from the cities? I'm assuming this place is somewhere up in the Iron Range, but once you get north of the cities I'm kinda lost in MN except for the Brainerd area.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:27 AM   #8
Kornchild
Grand Rookie

About 3-4 hours north of the cities mostly interstate....
Yep int eh Iron Range, near Virginia.... Any other questions feel free to ask.... Date hasn't been set concretely but its looking like mid july....
Old 03-20-2004, 08:27 PM   #9
Taz93ZJ
Grand Junkie

THat ORV park is pretty nice, I've been there twice. Too bad yew guys are having it in mid July, I don't think I'll even hit GSW this year since I'll be back in MN. I had fun at GSSW though...
Advertisement