Official Newbie Intro thread... - Page 29 - North American Grand Cherokee Association
North American Grand Cherokee Association

Go Back   North American Grand Cherokee Association > Grand Cherokee Forum > New Member Introductions
Nagca.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-03-2011, 07:39 AM   #281
Kitsune
Grand Rookie

Greetings all. I have had a 97GC TSi for a few years now, but the frame and body are too rusted to keep going. So I got myself an 05 Grand Cherokee Limited!!

Anyhow, hello all!!

P.S. As soon as I can find where to post, I am parting out the 97 TSi. Everything but engine and transmission are up for the picking.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2011, 12:18 PM   #282
ejschultz
Grand Addict

Welcome. How's the interior on the TSi? I have one back seat that I'd like to replace and possibly the motor for the lumbar on the driver seat.
97 ZJ TSi - 5.2L, 242, 4" IRO lift w/short arms & adj. TBs, JKS Discos/BPEs, DT3000s, Aussie'd 44A, sliders, OEM skids/hooks/hitch, 31" Duratracs, 15x8s, 9er grille, Magnaflow stuff, mean eyes, tinted signals/tails, clear corners, system, cloth
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:24 PM   #283
Kitsune
Grand Rookie

Here are a few pictures of the back seats. Sorry they are all wrinkly, I usually keep them down so the dogs don't mess them up. Pictures of the front seats are on my sales post --> Here

The lumbar motor is still good in the driver's seat.

Last edited by Kitsune; 04-13-2011 at 05:11 PM.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-13-2011, 12:49 PM   #284
zmotorsports
Grand Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85IrocZ-28 View Post
I'm in Bountiful. Check out Grand Slam for sure, June 10-12 there will be a ton of Grand Cherokees down in Moab with different trail runs for every level of driver/vehicle.

Also, check out the Utah Jeep Crew on Facebook or JeepForum, there quite a few local people here. We have at least one trail run per month that anyone is invited to. It is good to wheel with them, you learn a ton and you have help if something goes wrong. There are at least 4 people on base at Hill that are in the Crew, and there is a sweet ZJ up in Eden. He is on this site all the time.

Thanks, I will keep that in mind. I don't know if I will be able to make it in June because I will be in Moab in May for a motorhome rally and we have a couple of dune trips scheduled for June. Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:13 AM   #285
RedRocket94
Grand Junkie

Default I'd like to introduce myself

Hi everyone
My name is Will. I live in Wallingford, CT, and I grew up as a Jeep & Mopar fanatic. My father was a founding member of Eastern 4 Wheelers, a popular local 4x4 club, and the first vehicle I remember was his '59 CJ-5. He took me wheeling all the time. The first vehicle I ever drove was his '80 CJ-7. He owned his own repair shop in town all my life, so I grew up learning the mechanic's trade, and he specialized in jeeps, so it was a given that I would love them myself.
I'm 26yo now, and I've been a manager and ASE-certified counterman at the North Haven, CT Advance Auto Parts for a few years now. Word has gotten out around town that I'm the guy to see if you need help and/or parts for your jeep, so I've gained alot of experience on the parts end of the subject. And i've helped many of my jeep customers with their projects, too.
My 1994 5.2L ZJ was my dad's since new; he custom ordered it from the factory, and it was passed to me back in 2005. It has 200k on it, but it runs like new. Now my jeep and my dad's 97 4.0L are our hobby.
I'm glad I found this site to help with my build, it looks like a great resource. And if anyone here ever needs help from a parts guy, such as parts lookup or research, parts cross-reference, etc, just let me know. Many of the parts my company carries are the same at other outlets such as O'reilly's and Pep Boys, so if you want to know whether a certain brand or part is REALLY good or bad, ask me, and I'll give you a real answer. My email is [email protected]. And if you live near me, stop in and say hi.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:35 PM   #286
dudewitapurpljeep
Grand Rookie

Whats up - Im a 31 year old dude with a purple jeep. 98' limited GC 4x4 I6 - 140k miles.
I recently fell into some financial trouble (hurt - on disability - back to work - laid off - back to work @ much lower pay) and ended up losing my 05 dodge hemi ram and happened on this jeep by circumstance. This really hit me hard emotionally and im still trying to recover from all of that. But anyway, since then like i mentioned i happened on my 98 gc and ive learned a bit about what a reliable engine the I6 is and what durable vehicles these jeeps are.
So now im researching and planning out some work and mods for my jeep and its got me feeling a bit better overall and im excited to get to work slowly but surely taking care of and building up my jeep into a nice little project.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:01 AM   #287
showmaster74
Grand Rookie

Hello all. Names Matt
I have a 99 WJ with a 2.5in rustys offroad spring lift with kevinsoffroad 3/4in coil spacers. 265/75/16 BFG AT's on stock rims.
I will be installing some rock sliders soon.
So hello to all of my fellow GC friends
Old 04-27-2011, 01:47 PM   #288
REWSTER
Grand Rookie

Whats up guys

my name is Rew and i am a jeepaholic

i have a 02 WJ that is my wifes DD she wont let me touch the thing as far as modding it for offroading

my DD/weekend wheeler is a 00 XJ 3" lift and 33" tires

xj on 30's in pic
Old 05-04-2011, 10:59 AM   #289
divco13
Grand Rookie

Hello: I am Bob, Just joined this forum

I have two Jeeps. One is a 1998 TJ, 355 cid SBC / Dana 44 / Dana 60 / 700r4 241 t case 36 x 13.5 x 20's Iroc Radials / Rubicon 6 inch, long arm

The other is a 1998 Cherokee limited 5.9 factory everything.

I just picked up the Limited, this week $1995.00. It was at a used car lot. It was taken as a trade in, on a Honda Accord. I was amazed, the body is perfect, zero rust and dents. The front drive shaft, needs replaced / master cyl and tires. Every thing works. Garage keep all its life, 13 years

Headliner needs to be retrimed. The dealer just wanted to get what he gave for the trade in. $1995.00
I lady that owned it, had it serviced buy Jeep all its like. Now it does have 180,000 K, No motor noises, non. All you see is the belt turning, Exhaust is factory, perfect.

I am retired from the automotive industry, in Detroit Did Prototype Fabrication, for 40 years. Now living in New Smyrna Beach Fla

Attached are pic's of the TJ and the Limited 5.9

The last picture is my favorite toy. 1948 Divco
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2047.JPG (153.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2049.JPG (167.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 111.jpg (198.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 110.jpg (189.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg small woody.jpg (2.3 KB, 54 views)
divco13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:43 AM   #290
dmill33ZJ
Grand Rookie

Default New ZJ guy

Hey guys, Ive been in love with jeeps since 05 when my uncle first got his XJ. And now im finally old enough to drive and recently got a 96 red jeep grand cherokee. I live in San Diego and cant wait to hit the trails with my uncle. So far its stock but plan on starting out with a nice 3inch lift and 32's/31's and then working my way up from there.
Here is a pic i took after i painted the rims. Before the clear coat was corroded and starting to rust so i need a cheap way to fix that up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0694.jpg (200.1 KB, 4 views)
dmill33ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement