02 sensors, can I move them around? - North American Grand Cherokee Association
North American Grand Cherokee Association

Go Back   North American Grand Cherokee Association > Grand Cherokee Forum > Jeep Grand Cherokee Lounge-ZJ/WJ
Nagca.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-22-2019, 09:03 PM   #1
Mofugly13
Grand Rookie

Default 02 sensors, can I move them around?

I have a 99 WJ, 4.0 Calif. emissions. This weekend I replaced the oxygen sensors with NTK OE ones, using the part numbers supplied by NTK. The problem is that the B1S1 senders pigtail isnít long enough to reach the engine connector. Iíve verified the part number is correct, and the pigtail length matches the part description on the site, but itís still about 4Ē short. Both of the B2 sensors have pigtails that are way longer than needed.

One of the B2 sensors has the same clocking pins as the B1 sensor, and the pigtails would both reach the connectors if I swapped the two.

Would it be ok to swap the upstream and downstream sensor?
Mofugly13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 09:56 AM   #2
Mofugly13
Grand Rookie

Well Iím going to answer my own question here, I think.

The NTK site has the right part numbers, but not the right positions for those parts. There is an obvious error on the site you can see right away because they donít list four separate positions, they double up on some...but anyway

Figured it out by going to wjjeeps and getting the Chrysler part numbers for the upstream and down stream sensors and then cross referencing them here:

oxygensensor-crossreference. /convert/ntk/23506

Anyway, to help anyone out in the future

Sensor position, Chrysler P/N, NTK P/N

B1S1, 56041212AE, 23151
B2S1, 56041676AA, 23122
B1S2, 56041344AD, 23506
B2S2, 56041212AF, 23099

Because my post count is too low, I couldnít post a clickable link. Add www and com to the partial link for the cross reference site.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisement