Lets see your SRT8's! - North American Grand Cherokee Association
North American Grand Cherokee Association

Go Back   North American Grand Cherokee Association > Grand Cherokee Forum > SRT8 Grand Cherokee Forum
Nagca.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-20-2008, 02:17 PM   #1
Cody
Evil Overlord
Grand Master

Default Lets see your SRT8's!

So, I have a strange infatuation with the SRT8. There is just something sexy about them. Lets see what you got and what you've done to it!

Old 12-04-2008, 11:06 PM   #2
MaverickXeo
Grand Junkie

I dont think Ive ever seen one on the road around here.
MaverickXeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:57 PM   #3
CrawlerReady
NAGCA Vendor
Grand Master

I want one....all black, flat black 20's....one day I'll post a picture of it.
CrawlerReady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 05:47 PM   #4
Jeepin Dave
Grand Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Jeepin Dave Send a message via MSN to Jeepin Dave Send a message via Yahoo to Jeepin Dave

There are one or two of them around here. One is black like the pic above, local guy, see it all the time. Nice looking!
Old 12-14-2008, 07:54 AM   #5
thorton0
Grand Junkie

Send a message via Yahoo to thorton0
Thumbs up

i think they are awesome. 425 hp in a grand!! i've only seen 1 at the dealership. i want that hemi in my zj!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
thorton0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:28 PM   #6
Johnny_C
Grand Addict

there is a guy that drives one at my gym. i'll steal some pics next time i see it in the lot lol
~ 91' YJ 4.0L > 5" RE springs, 35" Procomp Mts. 8.8 rear, 4:56s and ARBs both ends; 4.5L stoker in the works
Johnny_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 06:09 AM   #7
madtrixter
Grand Rookie

Newbie here, mine is an 07. Tinted taillights and front corners, clear bra everywhere, Flowmaster 50 series, and that's it for now. Upgrades are pricey for this bad boy, but I love it ( not the MPG this past summer tho) The hemi would be sweet in my ZJ, but I don't think I'd be able to keep it cool

madtrixter
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SRT8-3.JPG (265.2 KB, 158 views)
Old 01-10-2009, 07:07 PM   #8
CrawlerReady
NAGCA Vendor
Grand Master

Very sweet looking.... every time I see them I want one more and more!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

are you addicted?

CrawlerReady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:59 AM   #9
Andrew520
Grand Rookie

drop an extra $27,900 dollars on it and get the Hennessey package "The SRT600 is 0.8 second quicker to 60 mph and a second quicker through the quarter than the 420-hp Jeep. Even more impressive is that it's 8.4 seconds quicker to 130 mph. "

I think it's under 70k but there's also a $1200 Torque converter upgrade. I'm sure everyones already read up on this version though..

Car and Driver
Old 03-12-2009, 08:09 AM   #10
Ultimate Groceries
Grand Rookie

Cool

Well, well, well.

How things have changed around here.

Now there is a SRT-8 forum?

I feel like I have come home!!! Although, it is a little late, the Jeep SRT-8 is getting long in the tooth and is not nearly as cool as it was, say 3 years ago. But then again, from what I remember, most of the Jeep enthusiast sites (especially those that have the hardcore bad-arses in them) specialize in the Jeeps they can afford, typically one or two generations old. Maybe it is time to see more SRT-8s appear.

I've had my SRT-8 since January 2006, and have 50,000 miles on her. Inferno Red is the color I chose, which was discontinued after the first year. Subsequent years have a darker red color, which unfortunately to my eye looks like a rusty brick color. Personally, I would have gone for the silver one, but had a chance to grab the first SRT-8 in Dallas way back in January 2006, so I traded my reserved silver unit for the Inferno Red unit that some poor bastard couldn't finance.

So after 50,000 miles, what are my impressions of the SRT-8? Ok, here goes. The power off the line is still about the best you're going to get. It even makes the GT-R seem a little weak. My maximum G-force I have personally measured is 1.15g off the line. My best 0-60 time is 4.3 seconds (measured at the track), and the fastest I have driven her is about 130 mph. (Just once). However, after taking delivery of my silver GT-R 3 months ago, I am afraid that the Jeep has very quickly lost its hold over me. The handling, although good for a Jeep, really sucks compared to any real sports sedan or car. The interior is nasty, with its hard cheap plastics and cheesy logos. And the runflat tyres.... are nail magnets: I am up to 8 flat tyres since owning this car, and that, my friends (and enemies) is a lot!

Issues with my SRT-8 after more than three years of ownership? Let's list them:

1. Average MPG over three years with mixed highway/city driving is 12.8

2. I had to replace the TCM under warranty: the jeep would stall during high acceleration starts, and sometimes would refuse to change gears.

3. when I got the Jeep, it had no defrost function. When I complained, they kept it for 3 days and said that the "defrost gear" was missing. Got it back, defrost was working, but since then the fan has been whistling at me.

4. The backup radar has mulfunctioned twice.

5. The GPS stopped working after 2 years. I was forced to buy a new DVD (at $200) to fix it. I am VERY suspicious about this.

6. Oil changes cost about $100 a pop. (Done at the dealership, of course, because I am not a grease baboon).

7. Brakes are insanely expensive to maintain, and pads don't seem to last longer than 20,000 miles.

8. The stock rims and tyres are extremely expensive. And non-rotatable. And they wear out quickly, have crappy grip, and suck in the snow and ice.

9. And lastly, there are more of these beasts than you realize out there, and the resale has not kept up with the initial hype. Which is why I still have mine, due to the fact I was only offered $18k on a trade for a new M3. At that price, after paying $46k three years ago, I'll keep it. It is still the most insane acceleration off the line that you can get, and it holds lots of groceries.
Ultimate Groceries is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement