Aftermarket bumpers from MynameisJerry - Page 9 - North American Grand Cherokee Association
North American Grand Cherokee Association

Go Back   North American Grand Cherokee Association > Grand Cherokee Forum > New Member Introductions
Nagca.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:28 AM   #81
ZeeJay95
Grand Junkie

Send a message via AIM to ZeeJay95

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdeming View Post
That's my ZJ. I forgot he put it on the site, LOL. Still lovin' the bumper though.
silver '95 Grand Cherokee, 6-cyl automatic, selec-trac: 4.5 inch lift, 33 inch tires, skid plates, driveshaft with SYE, front winch bumper, rock sliders, internal roll cage, engine knock, transmission leak, etc....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ZeeJay95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2011, 10:18 PM   #82
85IrocZ-28
YETI - The Abominable WJ
Grand Master

It is good to see this thread has come back to life...I will toss some of my info in here now that I am running the Iceland stuff on my WJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superzj1 View Post
I have looked at the iceland offroad flares and really like the idea of fiberglass and how they look but I am scared of the install... I also would worry about the body rigidity in the area of the cut. I work in construction and know firsthand Expanding foam is nowhere near stuctural. Has anyone installed these and had problems out of them, or found a way around the great stuff? If so I really like the look and the low ceter of gravity while stll running bug rubber idea. Thanks for all the replys.
The install isn't bad, you can see the whole process on my install thread:
https://www.nagca.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40790

I used body panel adhesive, it is WAY stronger than expanding foam. It is used in the factory to seam body panels together on vehicles. I am not worried about rigidity at all anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydubya2003 View Post
Bushwackers flares aren't fiberglass...they are plastic. Now I'm not saying that they are any better or worse than the Icelands. But if you look at fiberglass and how it reacts to getting slammed around, then take a look at plastic of the same design, thickness, or what have you I would think the plastic would hold up better to abuse...just my 2 cents as well ;-)
Plastic isn't anywhere near as strong as fiberglass. Compare the damage that factory grand cherokee bumpers get on the rocks with the simple paint scratches that the Iceland bumpers get when they smack the rocks. Bushwackers are not as thick as your factory bumper plastics. The buswackers look cool. I might have bought them if they made them for the WJ, but I had to keep looking. I'm glad I found Iceland. I have seen two different friends tear their bushwacker fender flares wheeling, one on a rock and the other on a tree. They look cool, and provide coverage. But I went with fiberglass because I know it will last as longer than the Jeep.
My Jeep won the war, your Honda mowed my lawn.
Check out my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 85IrocZ-28; 01-26-2011 at 10:21 PM.
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:18 AM   #83
Jaydubya2003
Grand Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85IrocZ-28 View Post
It is good to see this thread has come back to life...I will toss some of my info in here now that I am running the Iceland stuff on my WJ.

The install isn't bad, you can see the whole process on my install thread:
https://www.nagca.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40790

I used body panel adhesive, it is WAY stronger than expanding foam. It is used in the factory to seam body panels together on vehicles. I am not worried about rigidity at all anymore.

Plastic isn't anywhere near as strong as fiberglass. Compare the damage that factory grand cherokee bumpers get on the rocks with the simple paint scratches that the Iceland bumpers get when they smack the rocks. Bushwackers are not as thick as your factory bumper plastics. The buswackers look cool. I might have bought them if they made them for the WJ, but I had to keep looking. I'm glad I found Iceland. I have seen two different friends tear their bushwacker fender flares wheeling, one on a rock and the other on a tree. They look cool, and provide coverage. But I went with fiberglass because I know it will last as longer than the Jeep.
I've done some lookin, and I've started to change my opinion. From what I've been told the Bushwacker flares aren't "plastic" though...they're some kind of ploy-plastic that flexes. My original point was that a bushwacker flare will flex a bit when hit...where as the fiberglass flare wont. I think maybe the flex might help a bit instead of just banging against something and transferring all that energy into the fender. But I do agree that the Iceland flares are tougher...I just don't know if that's a good thing or not yet.

Old 07-10-2011, 06:53 AM   #84
auerrod
Grand Junkie

Nobody mentioned that for a few dollars and a half hour you can repair fiberglass yourself.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:10 AM   #85
DionJay
Grand Rookie

I love my Bushwacker Cutout flares. I wheel every weekend Hard and they stand up to the punishment.

DionJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:18 PM   #86
Northwoods 5.9
Grand Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DionJay View Post
I love my Bushwacker Cutout flares. I wheel every weekend Hard and they stand up to the punishment.

Any pics or videos of the BW's standing up to the punishment of your hard wheelin' ?
Platinum 5.9, '08 JK Rubicon 44 axles, 4.88's, crossover steering, 6.5" lift, custom long arms (JKS clones), 3/16" plated frame, custom crossmember/skidplate, Hanson bumpers, Milemarker hydro winch, Iceland fender flares, 37" Trxus MT's
Northwoods 5.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 12:24 AM   #87
texlurch
Grand Rookie

The WJ BW flares are quite a bit thicker than the stock bumper plastic.
I scuffed mine up on rocks/trees last trail ride and thats all they did, scuff.
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement