WJ Jeep Thing (New Pic 1/12/07) - Page 3 - North American Grand Cherokee Association
North American Grand Cherokee Association

Go Back   North American Grand Cherokee Association > Rigs, Trips, and Events > Your Jeep Grand Cherokee
Nagca.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-29-2011, 07:18 PM   #21
penberth
Grand Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjjeepthing View Post
Haven't posted in a few years. Still have the WJ and enjoying it with my family.

Hey wjjeepthing,

Awesome rig. I am in the process of building up my 2004, and really like what you did with yours. I have a Bull Bar on the way. Still need to order the lift. Thanks for the inspiration!

Bryan
http://www.niagara4x4.com
penberth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2019, 06:59 AM   #22
wjjeepthing
Grand Addict

Default I stil have it I'm still here...

In a couple months I will have had the Jeep for 20 years. I'm the original owner and I've been wheeling it off and on for 18 of those years. Been almost three years since our last outing. Now the kids mostly drive it.
I just replaced the old worn out lift & factory springs. It has a new 3" coil lift, new custom trackbar, new rear links, and new front stabilizer. Put new bearings in the front, new 31-1/2" AT tires all four corners and aligned it. For just under $1,500, some bloody knuckles, and a little shop time, it rides is as if it were new again.
Lessons learned from wheeling it: You don't need a huge lift to have fun. Go slow, pick your line, and the Jeep will do some amazing things. T-Max makes a solid winch, mine is about 14 years old now, I've used it many times. Your Jeep is not a boat, know how deep your water crossing is before you attempt it. Don't be cheap on your lift, spend another $150 and do a coil lift instead of budget boost spacers. Oh, and one last thing: trees and mailbox posts will dent a 3/16" plate steel bumper.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0803.jpg (198.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0802.jpg (201.8 KB, 3 views)

"The only bad ideas are ones that are poorly executed." Tom (thats me)
wjjeepthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement