Official Newbie Intro thread... - Page 68 - North American Grand Cherokee Association
North American Grand Cherokee Association

Go Back   North American Grand Cherokee Association > Grand Cherokee Forum > New Member Introductions
Nagca.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-07-2016, 08:03 AM   #671
Jeepmed
Grand Rookie

New here too. Had several Jeeps. Now I have an 04 WJ, and a 15 WK2.
Jeepmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2016, 05:23 PM   #672
jeepdave551
Banned
Grand Rookie

wll i guess i will say hello been sneaking around this sight for years so HELLO ITS IS
jeepdave551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 06:28 AM   #673
DeadlyKitty
Grand Rookie

Default Hello all

New to this forum and am excited to learn as much as possible about Jeep. I bought my 95 jeep zj 4.0 about a year ago and have done lots of work. I am still in the process and will be looking to you guys for advice. So far I have done this to my jeep:
* 3.5" RC lift(lower arms all around, springs for front, shocks, sway links front, i cant remember what else was in the kit)
* replaced front Track bar(I want to upgrade)
* Replaced steering with a v8 setup (moog, want to upgrade. ask about my near death experience and why I will never shop at autozone again)
* front upper C. arms (stock)
* moog poly sway body mount bushings in front and rear
* energy suspension spring isolators
* motor mounts
* engine sensors, plugs, wires, blah blah blah

Theres a lot I still have to do and I want to eventually replace the drivetrain and axles with new components and will need lots of advice on reliable parts/value. I have lots of experience with suspensions. I did my entire lift on my truck and do it all with hand tools. The MAIN REASON I am here is because my wife and I are refurbing a 1950 travel trailer and plan on towing it for a two year journey across the country using the Jeep. I dont want to buy new for my own reasons so I decided to build my ZJ. I will be reading this site like its my job so expect to see a lot more from me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160510_200554.jpg (203.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2016-06-02-16-19-46-1.jpg (66.0 KB, 3 views)
DeadlyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2016, 07:18 AM   #674
jeepdave551
Banned
Grand Rookie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozy1356 View Post
hello all, I am new to the jeep world. I normally try to go as fast as I can in a quarter mile. I recently purchased a 96 Grand Cherokee Limited the 5.2. I am looking into doing a 3.5" lift but have heard from a lot of people that I will run into trouble with the AWD model. I have been told that with any sized lift it will destroy the cv front axles. I am looking to see if this is true and if it is how can I help it so I can get the desired lift. Also I am curious about which Dana differentials I have in the front and rear. I am not entirely ignorant to mechanical terms as I have worked on cars my whole life. But I am very new to the off-road scene and would like to learn as much as I can. thank you.
tj axles will give ya U joints in the frount if ya want but a lift will not tear up your cv off roading will rip the boots an trash your cv if you have mad cash they make bullet prooff CV things i cant even afford to say the name of them an a 242 is a awesome swap for your all wheel Tcase junk yard my have to swap the inshaft but if your lucky you will find a 95 zj 318 with a 242 i found one all ready remove
Old 06-13-2016, 07:01 AM   #675
byesner23
Grand Rookie

Default Newbie!!

What's up everyone! I just got my 2016 Grand Cherokee Limited on Friday and I love it. I went from an Audi A4 to Jeep and so far, I am very impressed! I look forward to interacting with everyone!
byesner23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 03:54 PM   #676
jeepdave551
Banned
Grand Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanb775 View Post
i just picked up a 2004 grand cherokee 6i. I'm new to the hole jeep thing. Its a fun ride, I'm loving it. First thing i did was a 4 inch lift from Rough Country.
know what jeep stands for ????
Old 07-10-2016, 03:53 PM   #677
woodies
Grand Rookie

Default newbie from Canada

hello from British Columbia, new to the site obviously. i have two jeep grand Cherokees 98 and 95 both 318 quad trac. my 98 has a weird problem with windows only working if i move the seat , its works for a couple seconds then needs to be moved to work again. i can hear a relay click on passenger side floor fusearea but not sure why or what is going on. passenger window works all the time on its door switch. thanks if anyone has any ideal
woodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 05:37 PM   #678
BradleyWall WJ
Grand Rookie

Hello from Vancouver, WA. New to the site. Currently have '99 (2wd), 01 and 04 WJs, plus a 1992 XJ. Over the years, I have worked on/built XJs, WJs, TJs, FSJs, Willys Wagon, Willys Pickup, and some others thrown in there.

I'm currently building the 01 WJ, and pulling the motor from the '99 for it. Both are the 4.0. The '04 is the V8 and I won;'t touch those things...

Nice to meet you all
BradleyWall WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 07:45 PM   #679
Hockeyb0y3
Grand Rookie

Hey everyone, I am new here. My name is Martin and my daily driver is my 1995 GC Laredo
Hockeyb0y3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 07:45 PM   #680
LV_Laredo
Grand Rookie

Default New to Jeep

Hello,
I just recently purchased a 2015 Grand Cherokee Laredo. Havent done anything to it but im in the works of looking around and seeing what i can do for more power. Slowly i plan to super charge in a few months.

Glad to be in this group and ready to learn some new stuff.
LV_Laredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement