Official Newbie Intro thread... - Page 2 - North American Grand Cherokee Association
North American Grand Cherokee Association

Go Back   North American Grand Cherokee Association > Grand Cherokee Forum > New Member Introductions
Nagca.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:35 PM   #11
JimmyG93
Premium Member
Grand Master

Nice WJ... Where are you located?
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2009, 12:25 AM   #12
horatio102
Grand Junkie

Up in Bellingham for the next year, then moving to the SE somewhere, probably Sarasota.
horatio102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:37 PM   #13
96JeEpFrEaK
Grand Rookie

Thumbs up New Jeep Lover

Hi everyone it was just about a month ago that my life was changed by finding out that my wife was pregnant, so I neede a new car that s10 I had was a POS and was so low I couldnt even drive on flat land without scraping. Then a few weeks later I found a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, I drove it about 2 miles and fell in love. I could go any where I wanted and best of all it is very roomy and comfortable. The thing isnt perfect by far needs a good paint job but I do body work for a living so no prob. it also needs a set of tires and an alignment. Just today I put a new o2 sensor in it after putting on a new intake gasket so all of the missing and black smoke along with the horrible MPG's are long gone and by the way I am also a mechanic. It is closing in on winter quick and I cannot wait to find some snow to play in. It has a rebuilt 4.0 l6 in it mileage is unknown but the mileage it reads is 196,987 and no querks about it. I am looking for a few parts though like a rear hatch ( mine was previously smacked into really hard and it was fixed very badly before i got it, it looks like the Hulk punched it a few times), and a front bumper cover because mine is cracked a driver side factory fog light and when it got love tapped in the back they replaced the bumper cover with one from a laredo so it is the only unpainted peice of trim and looks kind of funny. If any one has any parts or good advice for that jeep or even a whole parts jeep for sale send me an email [email protected]. I have registered with many sites being an old hot rod greaser but never used them so I am still a first timer. I love jeeps now they freakin rule and some day soon i plan to hop up the straight six and give it some bigger shoes and longer legs if ya know what I mean. Well thats all i have to say so happy jeep'n and good luck.
96JeEpFrEaK is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-2009, 04:49 AM   #14
taylorguinness
Grand Rookie

Default new

hi everyone im new to jeeps and here 94 zj green ordering 2 in bb monday love my jeep thinking of buying a second

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
94 zj mostly stock 5.2--Dan__
A bad day in the marsh is better than a good day at work!
taylorguinness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:20 AM   #15
DeTazMan
Grand Rookie

Just like to introduce myself... Live southof denver and just bought a 99 JGC Limited a couple of weeks ago... my 99 sable went south so... Anyway, the guy I bought it from put a 2 in BB on it, put 5 new 245/75 BFG Long trails had new brakes and rotors on it, fixed the blend doors and a new serpentine belt. It has the tow package.. Had appr 72.3 k on the 4.7. Picked her up for 7400.

Edited to add.. will post pics later
DeTazMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 08:02 AM   #16
phantasmacy
Grand Rookie

Just a quick note to introduce myself. In September I bought my first JEEP, 04 GC, I6 Laredo, Selec Trac t-case. It's pretty much stock right now, the only addition is the previous owner towed it behind an rv and it has the front hook up and some strange wiring in it for towing. I really love it! I would like to add a simple lift sometime and some meatier tires. I'd also like to find a spot around here to go wheelin at since Paragon seems to be closed.
phantasmacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:45 AM   #17
BigClay
Administrator
Grand Master

Welcome everyone!
waggy 44 front with chromo shafts and an Aussie; ford 8.8 rear with Dutchman shafts and a Detroit; 35" PBRs; Clayton long arms with 6" BDS springs; 4.88 gears; exo cage
Build thread -
BigClay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:57 PM   #18
bambi_bandit
Grand Rookie

Default Noob here...

Just purchased a new to me 2008 WK Overland w/ 15K miles on the East Coast. Being delivered to TX as we speak. Should be here before the end of the week.

Wanted a 08 CRD, but too late to get one new. Good used ones hard to come by and price premium on CRD used was higher than when new...

First time purchasing a used car sight unseen. Hope no surprises to give me any headaches or regrets.

This Jeep will be a daily driver for the wifey and be towed 4 wheels down behind our motorhome.

Looking forward to picking up and contributing new ideas off this forum.

Long time since I had my first Jeep, a 1993 Grand Cheokee Limited way back when they first came out...Loved the GC then, the 08 will have some big expectations to live up to.

Rgds,

Kevin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 153d8a107f00000101016505c01717d4.jpg (40.6 KB, 25 views)
Old 10-24-2009, 11:26 AM   #19
JARHEDZJ97
Grand Rookie

Another noob making an intro. Glad this site is here. Good info from what I've seen so far, and I'm gonna' need it. Thanks to all in advance.

Picked up a '97 GC TSi w/ 139K miles at an auction a few weeks ago. 5.2L, auto, D44. Overall in good shape, runs strong, clean, no damage.

Already had carrier bearings replaced, new shocks in the rear, replaced right rear abs sensor, other small stuff.

Still needs some work, and I could use advice. ABS light on the dash stays on. Pulled all of the speed sensors, one at a time, cleaned 'em w/ brake cleaner and a brush, put 'em back in. Light stays on. Tested the two connectors under the rear seat, both pushing at least .5 volts. (Used a friend's volt meter, my first time, so not sure I'm using the right language.) Had it hooked up to a Snap-on scanner at another buddy's shop. Scanner said ABS control module had no signal. Some other posts I checked out said pull the fuse under the glovebox to kill the dash light. Did it. Light stayed on. I've checked the connections. They look good, but I'm only a garage floor mechanic.

I've head the ABS CMs are year/vehicle specific. Can I pull a CM from any 5.2 ZJ and replace mine? Dealer wants a mortgage payment to fix. Any ideas on what to do next?

Thx - JARHED97ZJ
JARHEDZJ97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 01:23 PM   #20
bell22
Grand Rookie

Hello all. New here as of today as I just purchased my 1st Jeep. It's a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. I'm coming from a Chevy Silverado that I traded for it. I was on some Chevy forums for a couple years and then some Ford Exploder forums a number of years ago, so i'm looking forward to learning about my Jeep now. Any issues I should be aware of? Also, besides this site, what are the most popular forum sites out there?
bell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement