NOOB Questions - Page 4 - North American Grand Cherokee Association
North American Grand Cherokee Association

Go Back   North American Grand Cherokee Association > Grand Cherokee Forum > New Member Introductions
Nagca.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-24-2011, 07:14 AM   #31
JeepNewbie
Grand Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlegWJ View Post
Somebody may have leftover parts, but put your location in your signature to make things easier. Check your front spring and see if it's broken. A shock doesn't hold anything up, it's just there for control. Any noises? Does it handle funny?
Spring is fine, and it makes sounds but in the back end, it almost sounds like something is loose back there when I go over bumps like the entire back end is kinda floating around or something. And yes it does kind of handle funny as said above the back end kind of floats around so i will be going down the road and all of a sudden it will start drifting left or right, and in the steering (not sure if this is common or not) not sure how to explain it but I can turn it about 1/8th of a turn either direction without anything happening.
JeepNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2011, 05:46 AM   #32
RedlegWJ
Premium Member
Grand Junkie

Ok, also put your vehicle info in youtr signature. If you have a WJ, check the rear upper a-arm (control arm). Squeeking and sagging means the 2 bushings attaching it to the body may be shot. The ball joint on the axkle side also wears out. The ZJ has the traditional 2 upper links with a trackbar. If you have a ZJ, check those connections.
99 WJ 4.0 4" Teraflex springs, Iron Rock track bar, modified end links, homemade long arms and rear a-arm with cross members. Rancho RS 9000XL with steering stabilizer. Steel bumpers almost done. '04 driveline swap. Now pending hybrid 44's and stroker build.
RedlegWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:53 AM   #33
JeepNewbie
Grand Rookie

Thank you! I will be checking that! And I hopefully have added the signature properly, but if not it is a 98zj 5.9lt

Old 03-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #34
wildspear
Grand Zebra
Grand Addict

Sorry guys I have a noob question. The plastic container that hangs at the front bumper on the driver side, what is that called?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wildspear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:40 PM   #35
Northwoods 5.9
Grand Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildspear View Post
Sorry guys I have a noob question. The plastic container that hangs at the front bumper on the driver side, what is that called?
Evaporative canister
Platinum 5.9, '08 JK Rubicon 44 axles, 4.88's, crossover steering, 6.5" lift, custom long arms (JKS clones), 3/16" plated frame, custom crossmember/skidplate, Hanson bumpers, Milemarker hydro winch, Iceland fender flares, 37" Trxus MT's
Northwoods 5.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:16 PM   #36
wildspear
Grand Zebra
Grand Addict

Thanks Northwoods5.9, hated to ask but I had a serious brain cramp

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wildspear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:00 AM   #37
gpapax6
Grand Rookie

Don't forget the '93-5.2's ONLY, AW-4 Trans
gpapax6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #38
Barricade643
Grand Rookie

I don't have a GC yet, but most likely will get one Monday, before I do however I would like to know if there are any major issues with the auto transmission on a 2000 GC 4x4. Eventually it will be going off road in Uharrie NC and I want to make sure this rig can take it like a champ.
Barricade643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:39 AM   #39
Briian-Emmons
Grand Junkie

Default Running water noise in dash

Had the dreaded noise for a while on my ZJ 4.0L, and found the cause to be from the core plugs behind the exhaust manifold.
I noticed the side of the engine getting damp after cleaning it when I removed the SS manifold, to TIG welded it back together as the welds started to fail 14 months after replacing.
Briian-Emmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:26 AM   #40
Firewolf3640
Grand Rookie

Default Tires & a lift, but whats best?

Hello all,

I am new to the world of wj's so here is a basic question. What A/T tires run best, keeping in mind this is a daily driver, and it is driven on the highway a little. I was also thinking of doing a BB, any recomendations on which one is better than the rest? There seem to be quite a few on the market. Any input is great, and thanks to all in advance.

-Alexphoto.jpg
Firewolf3640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement