NOOB Questions - Page 3 - North American Grand Cherokee Association
North American Grand Cherokee Association

Go Back   North American Grand Cherokee Association > Grand Cherokee Forum > New Member Introductions
Nagca.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-25-2011, 06:51 PM   #21
Simplewon
Grand Rookie

On the ZJ I currently run 245/75/ 16 bfg ko's with minimal no damage rub on no lift, no spacers.
Anyone know if 235/85 16 bfg ko's will fit stock rims with no spacers with no damage rub:
No lift?
2 inch pucks?

Thanks for the info

Last edited by Simplewon; 01-26-2011 at 03:20 PM.
Simplewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2011, 07:29 AM   #22
#[email protected]#
Grand Rookie

N00b q time... I bought a new shift knob for my 96 and everything I've seen online said I just have to pull really hard to take the old auto knob off, but I figured I'd run it past you guys to see if anyone has done the same thing with an auto trans before I start pulling on my shifter lol.
#Fr3@k# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:54 AM   #23
gizmozj
Grand Rookie

Yes you just pull up on your shifter to remove it.It will take quite abit to get it off and be careful you don't braek your windshield while doing it. It has happened. Don't ask me how I know... Lol
gizmozj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2011, 12:59 AM   #24
gizmozj
Grand Rookie

Yes you just pull up on your shifter to remove it.It will take quite abit to get it off and be careful you don't break your windshield while doing it. It has happened. Don't ask me how I know... Lol
gizmozj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:51 AM   #25
DarkStanley
Grand Rookie

Default Noob shock question

Okay, I admit this may be a totally dumb a$$ question, but here goes.

I need new shocks, but not enough coin for a full lift. (I plan to go maximum 4", but realistically probably 2-3.5" w/BB or F2R) By not enough $$$ I mean I want to do it right (track bar, control arms, etc).

Can I get shocks meant for 2-4" of lift without having the lift?

'97 ZJ Ltd. 5.2 249 +all stock. (I do have a steering stablizer, but that was on when I got it & it looks stock)
DarkStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:22 AM   #26
99grandlaredo
Grand Rookie

the best advice i could give u is save that $$$ until u can afford the lift that you want.
99grandlaredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:18 PM   #27
96JGC Across The Pond
Grand Rookie

Hi To All From across The pond!!!

I'm New To this but I've Had My 96JGC For a fair while now,

My JGC is off the road at the Mo having some work done (By ME!) improving the suspension & replacing things that I don't think have ever been replaced since coming off the line!!,

The one problem that is vexing me is the power seats tho???

A few weeks before I took it off the road earlier this year in April I got it one day & it sounded like someone had put a ticking time bomb under my seat!!, I promptly got out & checked under the seat & thanks to god there was no Bomb, There was however no movement happening when I attempted to move the seat It just carried on ticking (Much to my annoyance!), When my Wife Tried to move the passenger seat she too could get no movement, But when she pressed any of the seat actuating buttons the ticking noise stopped?!?!?!, now the ticking has stopped altogether & neither of the seats move at all, They are fine where they are But I know that non moving electrical seats are a British MOT Failure so I would really like to get this problem fixed before I take it for its MOT!!,

Also I am having intermittent troubles with the rear wiper, It didn't work when I bought the vehicle so I swapped out the motor for one I got from a salvage yard & to be sure I swapped the relay too, this solved the problem for a while But now that too has failed & Is also an MOT failure!!!, Its soooo frustrating!!

The last thing is the supposed back up alarm is going constantly, I say back up alarm as it is barely audible until you open the hood, The sound of a constant beeeeeep beeeeeep beeeeeep is coming from a small speaker unit behind the ecu? & The Brake booster/Master cylinder, It may be in a different place for the NA-JGC But For the British model it is jammed in to one of the least accessible nooks in the engine bay, But as it is constantly going it is constantly draining the battery, If I don't use the JGC for a day or two I have to get the Battery Charger out as the damn beast goes dead!!

So Guys Any Ideas on how to fix these problems would be great?, I have checked ALL the fuses in both the cabin & under the bonnet/ "Hood" & all seem to be in tip top condition & The relays seem fine

Any Help Here Would Be Great

Cheers Gus.
96 JGC/ 2" Lift/ Insa Turbo Saharas/ Safari Snorkel (XJ With Mods!)/ K&N Filters/ Carbon Mirrors/ Carbon Dash Overlays/ Saving Up For Long Arm Kit & Coilovers/ Home-Made Bumpers Planned & In Process/ Home-Made Rock Sliders & Belly Pans In Process & More To Come/ Photo's Will Be Uploaded When The Beast Is Ready To Roll!!!
In Times Of War - It Is Truth That Is The First Victim"
Old 08-11-2011, 09:44 AM   #28
Jaydubya2003
Grand Junkie

I wish I could point you in the right direction, from all my years workin on 12V electronics I'd say you have picked up a "gremlin" infested rig. It sounds a bit like moisture damage to one major thing, or multiple smaller systems.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:38 PM   #29
JeepNewbie
Grand Rookie

As my name states total noob, and just picked up a 98 jeep limited 5.9 mostly just liked it for the power, but after getting it home I noticed that the passenger front is sagging, I am assuming it is a shock issue, but don't know the idiosyncrasies of this car so not sure if it could maybe be something else. Any help would be awesome. I don't plan on going crazy with this thing, but just want it to be nice and maybe ad a couple inch lift with nice tires. Anyone with used parts I would love to hear from you to help with this too
JeepNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:30 AM   #30
RedlegWJ
Premium Member
Grand Junkie

Somebody may have leftover parts, but put your location in your signature to make things easier. Check your front spring and see if it's broken. A shock doesn't hold anything up, it's just there for control. Any noises? Does it handle funny?
99 WJ 4.0 4" Teraflex springs, Iron Rock track bar, modified end links, homemade long arms and rear a-arm with cross members. Rancho RS 9000XL with steering stabilizer. Steel bumpers almost done. '04 driveline swap. Now pending hybrid 44's and stroker build.
RedlegWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement