Aftermarket bumpers from MynameisJerry - Page 8 - North American Grand Cherokee Association
North American Grand Cherokee Association

Go Back   North American Grand Cherokee Association > Grand Cherokee Forum > New Member Introductions
Nagca.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:44 PM   #71
j_enniss
Grand Rookie

I bought KOR's front Stealth bumper with prerunner/stinger bar on it. I love it! Super sturdy, good lookin...and it holds up well! [IMG][/IMG]
j_enniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2009, 09:18 AM   #72
s9khein
Grand Junkie

love the bumper but do those outer bars interfere with you headlight beams?
s9khein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:26 AM   #73
j_enniss
Grand Rookie

not at all. the angle of the picture just makes it look like that! ive been very impressed with this bumper all the way around!
j_enniss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-2010, 08:26 PM   #74
larry8946
Grand Rookie

For all the questions on the icelandoffroad product!!! Im currently looking at flares and bumpers and i have been drilling the guy i purchase from for about 2 months on them and there made out of marine fiber glass. So think of a boat! Also he has the flares and the front bumper he loves the bumper and has hit it off trees and rocks and he has scratched the paint but not cracks at all!!! The flares as someone stated before and the guy i deal with stated the bolts do rip out and he said he ripped his out hitting a tree but just stratched the flare itself!! If anyone does order from them be prepared for a long wait though because they are really backed up and i ended up buying bushwacker flares because the price was right and way quicker shipping!!! Also a site dedicated to only cherokees is csl offroad and the guy is really good to dealwith and will hunt any part your interested in!!! www.csloffroad.com
larry8946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:19 PM   #75
Jaydubya2003
Grand Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996zj View Post
as far as the iceland flares go....you ppl do realize that most non grand jeep owners do buy and use fiberglass fender flares(example=Bushwacker),pay a fair amount for them and wheel with them.So why is there a problem with us zj's running them? As far as trashing them on the trail, that depends on the type of wheeling you do. Most zj owners wheel their rigs but don't trash them....... just my 2 cents.
As for price vs. lift? if i was to add more lift then 4.25 I have, then I'd need a SYE kit and a new driveshaft and new upper control arms ,that would cost me way more then the flares.
Bushwackers flares aren't fiberglass...they are plastic. Now I'm not saying that they are any better or worse than the Icelands. But if you look at fiberglass and how it reacts to getting slammed around, then take a look at plastic of the same design, thickness, or what have you I would think the plastic would hold up better to abuse...just my 2 cents as well ;-)
Jaydubya2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:19 PM   #76
Superzj1
Grand Rookie

Smile Great thread.

This is why I love this forum. I have been looking at winch bumpers now for a year and this is the first time that I have found this much information. I have also been looking at the flares and was wondering whether anyone here has installed the bushwackers and what they thought of them. I like the look of the bushwhackers a lot more but do not think the plastic would hold up as well as the thick fiberglass units from iceland or open up the wells nearly as much. Thanks to everyone for all of the info though. The bumper winch combo is a pretty big investment, (especially if your married) and it is awsome to have this much information before you buy.
Superzj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:44 PM   #77
Jaydubya2003
Grand Junkie

The Bushwhackers don't open up the wheel well as much that is true. With the Iceland flares you get a good amount of trim all the way around the fender well, opening it up quite a bit (and much more work for the rear wheel wells I might add) compared to the Bushwackers where you open up the width of the wheel well not the height, the Bushwackers seem to give you a bit more "coverage" in terms of flare stickin out but that depends on your set up weather you need that real 2'' of flare out there to cover larger tires. As for the durability I can't tell ya first hand which one holds up better, I am just as curious myself...lol

Hope this helps some
Jaydubya2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:43 AM   #78
Technohead
Grand Master

Fiberglass is much stronger than plastic. They build boats and pressure vessels from fiberglass. I have seen pictures of the Iceland bumper getting brutally dragged over rocks and it survived no problem.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:49 PM   #79
Superzj1
Grand Rookie

Red face Bumpers and Flares.

I have looked at the iceland offroad flares and really like the idea of fiberglass and how they look but I am scared of the install. I have an old fiberglass boat and it is tough as nails. The strength issue is not a worry for me but I really tend to shy away from anything that requires you to use Great Stuff foam on your jeep. I am as "redneck" as the next guy but that is pushing it. I still use mine for my DD and have to have it running and Leak free! I also would worry about the body rigidity in the area of the cut. I work in construction and know firsthand Expanding foam is nowhere near stuctural. Has anyone installed these and had problems out of them, or found a way around the great stuff? If so I really like the look and the low ceter of gravity while stll running bug rubber idea. Thanks for all the replys.
Superzj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:13 AM   #80
Lehbs
Grand Rookie

Just a thought to add to the fiberglass versus plastic for the flares, on my race bike the fairings are fiberglass. All aftermarket race fairings are fiberglass due to the durability of it and the ease in repairs. Took the road bike around the track a couple of years ago and ended up running off into the weeds. Mostly saved it but went down anyways. Nothing damaged to the bike mechanically, but cracked up the entire right side of the plastic fairings. Have been down several times on the race bike, but in one instance that was very similar to the crash on the street bike, went down at a faster pace, and broke off the left clipon, bent levers, tore off the brake resevoir, but the fiberglass fairings were only scratched up. Didn't even bother to repair, only painted over the scratches. in my opinion, the fiberglass is far superior for durability than the plastic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crash.JPG (72.0 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by Lehbs; 01-25-2011 at 07:23 AM.
Lehbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement