Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

Where do you what the Winter Slam to be at?

NAGCA Great Lakes Chapter "Winter Slam"

7K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  wildspear 
#1 · (Edited)
Where would we like to have our winter slam at?

1. Bad Lands?

2. Upper peninsula (MI), at Shayne's Place?

3. Other spots?

Please use the poll for voting. If you picked "other" please post where you would like to go.

#5 ·
I think it would be cool if we could do a group meet at one of the Dog Parties at Twisted Trails. 1000 or so vehicles at once. I'd be going anyway so I guess maybe we could do a couple different runs if anybody wanted to tag along up there on an "unsanctioned" trip.

#6 · (Edited)
I didn't see any "Dog Parties listed for later this year. Is it only once a year? Seems like they have it in Feb.

Here is a u-tube link to Dog Party 2011

http://youtu.be/N5Qk8NFSIro

I have been to twisted trails once and I didn't really get a chance to view much. We went on some beginner stuff then the rig with us, our guide, (many were stock rigs) busted a short stub, u-joint, and ball joint. and after that fix many of us had to leave for home. I am planning to go back to twisted next year. Jeep Blessing then wheeling at the park.

#8 ·
there are 3 of them now I think. Feb., March, and August. Blessing would be cool to go to as well. I'll have to add that to the calender. I'm not real picky about dates but I won't have my schedule for next year until December.

#9 ·
Are you guys thinking of winter camping or justa a day trip? Depending what I get done this fall, my cabin isn't hospitable at the moment for interior guests, I have some raw construction yet. Might have much of it done but can't promise. But, I have plenty of room for camping. Might even be able to build up some wood floor panels to set tents on. I'm about the same distance from R&V as Shayne's but in the other direction. Same distance again to Twisted Trails area. If anybody has snowmobiles to bring, I am in prime area.

#11 ·
Anywhere is good for me, by that time I should have a trailer and tow rig. I also might be moving to Cheboygan here real soon if the bank accepts my offer on the house I'm looking at. If that happens, then I will have 10 acres to camp on/play on. Also its only 15mins to the bridge. There is an *** ton of trails around that place as well, Ive already played on some of them too!

#16 ·
That would be sweet, love that area. Or at least, anywhere north of M-57. Would like to see drummond i. one day as well.

#21 ·
Didn't know anything was going on. I'm off Monday and heading to the cabin Sunday evening. I people were gonna be around, I could stop in for a bit, but not trail ready yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.