Official Newbie Intro thread... - Page 80 - North American Grand Cherokee Association
North American Grand Cherokee Association

Go Back   North American Grand Cherokee Association > Grand Cherokee Forum > New Member Introductions
Nagca.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-09-2019, 12:06 PM   #791
95zjchief
Grand Rookie

What's up everyone, new to the forum, on my 5th jeep though. It's a 1995 jeep grand Cherokee laredo 5.2, np248, around 4 inch lift, trimmed fenders and front bumper, 32s.
95zjchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2019, 05:28 PM   #792
teamfindley
Grand Rookie

Default Newb

Hi gang,

New to the forum, new to Jeep. Not new to 4x4/trucks. 2019 V6 Trailhawk for a daily- driver because going down the road in something everybody else has is boring. We just haven't seen that many, and having an Urban Assault Vehicle is necessary in L.A.

Other vehicles are a '95 2dr Yukon 4x4 recently restored and gorgeous, '03 Ram 1500 Hemi quad cab 2wd for work, 2 Camaros, and a cruiser motorcycle for the canyons and the PCH. Really could use a car barn.

Looking forward to learning about Jeep life. First move will be to get tires with taller sidewalls, so I'll dig in and see what others have done.

Thanks for having us!
teamfindley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 11:13 AM   #793
Briian-Emmons
Grand Junkie

welcome to the forum guys
Briian-Emmons is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2019, 06:27 AM   #794
04DubJ
Grand Rookie

Hello. I have been eyeballing the Grand Cherokee's for a while now and finally decided to get one. After a lot of research on various issues with these vehicles I decided to settle on a basic model without all the bells and whistles. So I got an 04' Laredo with the 4.0. This is my 4th jeep, the other 3 were XJ's. I had good luck with the inline six motor so I decided to stick with it on this new car. I found a low mileage one, with only 154k on it. I guess that seems low to me considering the age.

Plans for the GC. I am thinking 6.5 inches of lift on 33 inch tires. I am working on the axles right now. I grabbed a Dana 44a out of an 01' GC with a v8. Had an open carrier so I bought a Spartan Locker for it and a truss kit from IRO which I am currently welding up.

I picked up a set of 3.73 ring and pinion off of ebay for the front dana 30 and plan on putting a Powertrax Grip Pro lsd up front. Will add some frame stiffeners and body armor as well. Custom bumpers at some point as well as a custom roof rack.

It will take me a while to get all this done as I only have the weekends to work on it and it is my daily driver so I can't have it down. So I am doing things in stages. Anyway, that's my story. Will post pics as I go along.
04DubJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 10:19 AM   #795
Briian-Emmons
Grand Junkie

look forwards to seeing your build progress 04DubJ
Briian-Emmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 08:27 AM   #796
tjhogan63
Grand Rookie

Default New to the forum not to Jeep

My 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.7 liter is having an issue that pertains to the heater box.

When put into defrost mode heating fan shuts off?
The defrost engages the A/C pump. Would low refrigerant cause this?

Thanks
tjhogan63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement