Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

Stock Ride Height

39K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  pyrrhus00 
#1 ·
18" or 457mm from bottom of front fender to center of wheel.

#2 ·
Up Country Package, add .75-1.00" to stock ride height of 18.

I would also like to add that my stock '94 5.2L Limited sat at 18.25 front and rear without the UC package. It was unmodified in every way.

#3 ·
My stock '98 5.9L is 18-1/4" Front, and 18-3/4" Rear and although I forgot to get a good measurement on my '96 5.2L before I lifted it, I do remember that the back sat slightly higher than the front. [smilie=bal_ask.gif]

#4 ·
For all practical purposes, 18" is a good measurement to go by. Afew years ago, there was a thread about this and numbers were anywhere from 17 1/2" to 18 1/2" so 18" is a good happy medium.

#5 ·
for those of you, like myself, that have trimmed fenders at the bend (typical place of trimming) compare to stock height of 20" (2" of trimming)

#6 ·
Okay so 18 is the happy medium, I've got 4.5" lift springs (IRO) and 1" spacers. (no stock spacers just 1" aftermarkets) which should be 5.5" of lift 6" at most.
I sit at 26" that means 8" of lift and I'm rounding down. I've got a seriously loaded down Jeep tomken rear w/carrier and a KOR roof rack. Plus alot more.
So cool 8" sounds good to me!
:mrgreen:

#7 ·
GrandZJTSI said:
Okay so 18 is the happy medium, I've got 4.5" lift springs (IRO) and 1" spacers. (no stock spacers just 1" aftermarkets) which should be 5.5" of lift 6" at most.
I sit at 26" that means 8" of lift and I'm rounding down. I've got a seriously loaded down Jeep tomken rear w/carrier and a KOR roof rack. Plus alot more.
So cool 8" sounds good to me!
:mrgreen:
Sounds like you won't be running standard height tires though, so remember that half the diameter increase in tires from stock lifts your truck by that much too. For example, if stock 29" tires stock and now running 33", this adds 2" to height of vehicle over and above other lift components.

#8 ·
Sounds like you won't be running standard height tires though, so remember that half the diameter increase in tires from stock lifts your truck by that much too. For example, if stock 29" tires stock and now running 33", this adds 2" to height of vehicle over and above other lift components.
I do not think this would be true with the way Solitude is suggesting to measures. Tires will give you half the height difference from the ground. He is measuring to the center of the axle. Only thing that should change this measurement it lift.

#11 ·
Stock measurements

So, I just got a 1996 Grand Cherokee Limited and thought I would share the measurements I have

Current measurements are as follows:
13" clearance at the lowest point on the front air dam
8.25" clearance at the bottom of the front Differential Dana 30 LP
7.25" clearance to the bottom of the rear differential Dana 44a
9.25" clearance at the lowest point on the transmission cross member
13.5" clearance to the pinch seam below the doors
14.5" clearance to bottom of the rocker panels
16.0" clearance to the bottom of the receiver below rear bumper
31.75" from the ground to the bottom of the rear fender opening above the tire
31.0" from the ground to the bottom of the front fender opening above the tire
31" from the ground to the bottom of the headlight

these are all measurements that I can use as comparisons to see where it ends up after the teardown and built up.

Hope these are useful to someone else

#12 ·
My 2004 Overland sits at 20" in the back and 19" in the front... I thought the Up Country suspension wasn't available in 2004. Maybe the PO made some mods... but looking at the very specific spot of wear in the driver's floormat where, say, a high heel would go...

That would explain how totally immaculate the thing is though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.