Possible fix to Zumba hatch not opening - North American Grand Cherokee Association
North American Grand Cherokee Association

Go Back   North American Grand Cherokee Association > NAGCA Regional Chapters > NAGCA USA > South Atlantic - WV, NC, SC, GA, FL
Nagca.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-03-2016, 03:02 PM   #1
Jeepnovice
Grand Rookie

Default Possible fix to Zumba hatch not opening

I had the hatch won't open problem because the guy I bought it from tore everything That had to do with opening it out. I didn't bother tho, because the window would open and that was good enough for me, however, the window stopped opening, so I put the latch back in and attached the lever Tha pulls down to open the window to the part on the latch that goes down, so when I pull the latch for the hatch the window opened. It works flawlessly, however as I was doing so, I noticed two wires coming from the latch. I imagine those wires went to the receiver for the key fob to open it, so I'm figuring that if we ground one wire with a toggle switch and run the other wire to the acc wire in the ignition, when you put the key in, and flipped the toggle, it would open, but if you didn't have the key in, it wouldn't open. Thus creating a new latch and lock system. I haven't gotten to it yet (out of toggles) but it seems like It would work.
Jeepnovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2019, 06:49 PM   #2
Combat_Infidel
Grand Rookie

Subscribed

Infidel 6 out
Combat_Infidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags