Led front turn/parking bulbs - North American Grand Cherokee Association
North American Grand Cherokee Association

Go Back   North American Grand Cherokee Association > Grand Cherokee Forum > Jeep Grand Cherokee Lounge--WK
Nagca.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-03-2019, 08:05 PM   #1
Bennybcp13
Grand Rookie

Default Led front turn/parking bulbs

Hello, I’m new to this so sorry in advance if I’m posting this in the wrong spot. I have a 2017 GC Altitude and was just wondering if anyone had any input on the best place to mount the resistors for front led turn/parking bulbs. Found bulbs with built in resistor and it has a heat resistant case but just want to be safe. I know they should be mounted to something metal but I’m drawing a blank as to where and the best spot. Any help would be great!!!! Also anyone else have luck switching over to LED. I forgot to mention my model has halogen bulbs. Thanks!
Bennybcp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2019, 03:27 PM   #2
Miles2Go
Grand Rookie

Lightbulb Resistors

I don't have experience with Jeep, but did LED and projector headlamp swap on Hyundai Tucson. New lamps worked without resistors, but turn signals operated at 2-3 times normal speed. You may want to try without the resistors and see if things run acceptably, my 2 cents
Miles2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 03:46 PM   #3
Bennybcp13
Grand Rookie

I’ve tried that and they definitely have the hyper flash bulb out message. Don’t want to use regular resistors due to heat. Not sure if the ones sold as all in one units are truly heat resistant in the cases
Bennybcp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement