Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

Heated Seats Upgrade

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  jlipka98zj 
#1 ·
Alright guys, I am sick of this heating seat problem. This is now my second '98 ZJ and I haven't had a working seat heater in any one of them. So I have decided that rather than getting inside the seat and merely fixing the exisiting heater element, just to have it fail again, I wanna go ahead and upgrade to the new carbon fiber elements. These look like the ones I will get:

http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/carbon-fiber-element-seat-heater-kit-with-oem-specs.html

Now, I'd like to use the existing switches in the jeep and so my problem right now is that I need more information on the heated seat wiring.

According to wjjeeps.com (I'm guessing the ZJ wiring is at least somewhat similar to the WJ), the switches merely provide a multiplexed input to the BCM. That is, the switches are not directly connected to the heating elements in the seat.

Now, what I need to know is what the wiring is like on seat side of the BCM. What kind of outputs come out of the BCM and are there relays, etc in the circuit? Basically, what I have to sort out is how the temperature control is going to be handled. Does the BCM handle it or is it all handled in the wiring itself.

Anyone know? Think it would be in the service manual? I don't have one yet but I need to get one. Anyone know where to get one???

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.