Zj dash tweeter question [Archive] - North American Grand Cherokee Association

: Zj dash tweeter question

19ONEBADZJ96
10-13-2009, 01:53 PM
Hello all,
My zj did not come with the dash tweeters, but I went to the pull-a-part and bought a pair from another zj. I plugged them in yet they don't work. Why would this be? Any help would be great thanks!

Cody
10-13-2009, 02:07 PM
You need the factory amplifier to run the factory tweeters.

19ONEBADZJ96
10-13-2009, 02:11 PM
mehhh i dont think i have it, i have an aftermarket amp though....

BigClay
10-13-2009, 02:50 PM
I have the tweeters in the dash, and I don't have an amp (didn't come with one from the factory)

CrawlerReady
10-13-2009, 03:53 PM
I have the tweeters in the dash, and I don't have an amp (didn't come with one from the factory)

You don't have one mounted under the rear seat?

I would bet that it has something to do with the deck not being hooked up to them. Especially if you have an aftermarket deck and didn't hook the other end of the tweeter wires up to it.

19ONEBADZJ96
10-13-2009, 06:11 PM
good call i may tear the cd player and take a look, what do the wires look like, bc im sure i wouldnt have missed any? hmmm

BigClay
10-14-2009, 06:58 AM
You don't have one mounted under the rear seat?

Nope, mine is a 93 Laredo, didn't even come with a cassett (and of course no CD) player. I didn't even have a locking glove box from the factory.

Cody
10-14-2009, 10:42 AM
There were some weird things that happened in 93. I'm pretty sure that outside of the few weird packages that came out in 93, everything else would need the factory amp for it to have the dash speakers.

19ONEBADZJ96
10-14-2009, 03:06 PM
mine didnt even come with dash speakers unless the prev owner removed them???

Cody
10-15-2009, 10:13 AM
Do you have infiniti gold? If so, they were removed. If not, it's more than likely that your jeep didn't come with dash speaks.

How handy are you? To be honest, the best thing you could do would be to buy a set of matched components and flush mount the tweeter on the door panel instead of up on the dash. the dash is generally a terrible place to put a speaker if you're looking to achieve good balanced sound.

19ONEBADZJ96
10-15-2009, 05:14 PM
im not too bad with wiring at all, just audio i am horrible at it haha. Thats a good idea for the door tweeters, ill try that. If not ill get some help from a friend and get something going. Thanks for the help!

JodyM2
11-06-2009, 02:12 PM
I got a sweet set of Infinity Emit Plantar Ribbon Tweeters in the Factory Dash and they sound Great!

If there were a better place to put the twetters Infinity would have done it.

When you go to a Concert it's better to be in front of the Band not beside them.

Can you imagine having your Home speakers positioned on each side of you?

I just wish I could Shoe horn a 3.5" Speaker beside each one.

It's problematic to have the mid range and the tweeter far apart.

Having the Tweetes in the dash rases the Sound Stage to a nice ear level.

It could be beter to run the tweetrs out of Phase because the sound bonces off the windshield.