Soundbar [Archive] - North American Grand Cherokee Association

: Soundbar

hav713
07-07-2009, 09:29 PM
I was wondering if anyone has one in there WJ. Saw a picture of one but didn't know if its a ZJ or a WJ. Where do i get them from and would i have to modify it to fit or what not and does it just hook right up to my stock amp..?! and if you have one in you WJ pics please... Thanks.!

zjrog
07-07-2009, 09:37 PM
I've been wondering about using a XJ soundbar, did they even make one for the ZJ?

hokie98zj
07-07-2009, 10:13 PM
5.9s came with one

kspilly
07-08-2009, 05:28 AM
Here is a picture of the stock ZJ soundbar that came in the 5.9 model if it helps:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e10/kspilly/681706_54_full.jpg

hav713
07-08-2009, 07:49 AM
so basically just look for them on the 5.9 zj's..?!? do the mount directly to the wj's or would have to modify..?!

kspilly
07-09-2009, 05:45 AM
My vote would be to just invest in better quality door speakers or an aftermarket headunit to get more/better sound. I have seen a few of these ZJ sound bars for sale, and cheap is never a word to describe them.

Are you trying to get more sound, or just have the rare item hanging in the back of your Jeep that probably will not contour the WJ roofline? I don't want to talk you out of it, but depending on your plans the money may be better invested elsewhere.

In my ZJ, I installed all new aftermarket component speakers in the doors, and wired them up to a Pioneer headunit. I am more then happy with the amount of sound and the quality of it.

CORUPTWJ
07-09-2009, 09:31 AM
My old 93 ZJ had a sound bar in the rear. I think one of the previous owners took one out of a XJ and put it up there.

hav713
07-09-2009, 11:05 AM
My vote would be to just invest in better quality door speakers or an aftermarket headunit to get more/better sound. I have seen a few of these ZJ sound bars for sale, and cheap is never a word to describe them.
Are you trying to get more sound, or just have the rare item hanging in the back of your Jeep that probably will not contour the WJ roofline? I don't want to talk you out of it, but depending on your plans the money may be better invested elsewhere.
In my ZJ, I installed all new aftermarket component speakers in the doors, and wired them up to a Pioneer headunit. I am more then happy with the amount of sound and the quality of it.

Yea i have been looking around for them and like you say cheap is not the word. I still have the stock speakers so sound is alright i got a cheapo aftermarket radio that it came with it but not up to par for what i want. I was just wondering on the sound bar since more speakers would be louder and better sounding but if i cant find out ill just up all my door speakers, head unit, small apm. Just trying to get better sound basically...

hokie98zj
07-09-2009, 09:13 PM
some of my speakers were blown when i got mine.i just replaced them with quality speakers,amp and head unit.sometime in the future i will get a small sub.it sounds A LOT better now

CORUPTWJ
07-10-2009, 11:18 AM
I was just wondering on the sound bar since more speakers would be louder and better sounding...

More speakers will not make it louder or better sounding. Buy a quality head unit and replace your speakers with quality speakers. You also might want to replacing the speaker wires going from the head unit to the new speakers.

If you want more power and sound, put a good 4 channel amp on those new speakers. Make sure you speakers can handle the power.

Of course if you want some bass, add another amp with a subwoofer or 2 or 3 or 4. What ever you want. But first start with quality new speakers and head unit.

hokie98zj
07-10-2009, 11:44 AM
when i do get a sub,i'll run that off the amp and the speakers(maybe only 2 and other 2 on the amp) off the head unit.talked to the local audio shop about it a couple times.

97ZJ_guy
07-10-2009, 06:05 PM
I picked up a soundbar from an xj and I couldnt get it to fit very good to narrow and different shape. plus the xj ones point down instead of forward. x2 on better door speakers.