Having Issues [Archive] - North American Grand Cherokee Association

: Having Issues

bigdaddy06
06-07-2009, 12:54 PM
I have read the posts about installing an Aftermarket Deck in a ZJ. I have a 94 and am installing am older Pioneer and i have everything hooked up right. I bought a harness from Wal Mart hooked it up, I hooked up the blue antenna wire from deck as well. It powers on but I have no sound from radio or Cd. What should I try next? Please help
Thank You
Greg

geesaw
06-07-2009, 02:43 PM
I'm guessing you have the stock Infinity amp under the left rear seat, I had mine professionally installed, same problem (can't believe they never tested it after installing).

Anyhow, there's a trigger wire to turn on the amp, don't remember what color, but check it out, might be it.

bigdaddy06
06-07-2009, 05:27 PM
I will check that out. Thank You

thorton0
06-07-2009, 05:34 PM
i'd double check all your connections. i have the infinity system and i did not do anything spacial for the amp.

wheelZJs
06-07-2009, 06:19 PM
did you forget to hook up the yellow wire? did that once while swapping my deck out. i've probably put four different decks in the ol ZJ.

bigdaddy06
06-08-2009, 08:04 PM
I believe i hooked up the yellow. I think im gonna go back through the wiring. Could the amp be bad?

wheelZJs
06-08-2009, 08:14 PM
seriously doubt it your aftermarket deck has an amp and your only hooking up power, remote and the four speakers oh yeah ground. no problem with the right harness. im in a 93 zj. however i will be going back in my dash in the next couple days

bigdaddy06
06-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Gotcha. Im gonna see whats up tomorrow night. I think im gonna unhook and reinstall. I have installed before thats why I cant believe its not working. Its probably something simple. Thank You for your help. Ill let you know what happens.

CORUPTWJ
06-09-2009, 10:41 AM
Check all your connections and make sure you have a good ground.

chaserofthestorm
07-05-2009, 10:04 PM
I've got the same issue basically. Just installed a new sony deck. Tuner works fine, but when I switch to CD, antenna goes down and there's no audio, even tho player is playing the CD. I've tried disconnecting the antenna wire, but then there's no audio. Seems to me that the antenna and factory amp are connected somehow, and still waiting to hear from Sony to discuss troubleshooting. lol

bigdaddy06
07-06-2009, 05:52 PM
Make sure you have the right blue antenna wire hooked up. Thats what i read on another post.

chaserofthestorm
07-06-2009, 07:55 PM
Yup, have to hook the blue wire from the stereo to the blue/white from the new harness......or vice versa. Anyway, got it, and it works great. Talked to Sony after I had figured it out reading the posts and all they could do was play stupid. It was quite humorous!