How to remove WJ Dash to access the speaker? [Archive] - North American Grand Cherokee Association

: How to remove WJ Dash to access the speaker?

firerich
08-11-2008, 01:10 PM
How do i remove WJ Dash to access the driver side speaker? It needs replacing.

seans
08-13-2008, 07:22 PM
Tweeter- use plastic putty knife and pop cover off. it's one solid piece across the top of the dash.
Door speaker- remove the screws in armrest/side view mirror area/and then pop the inner panel off. disconnect the window controls and the door linkage bars. Just unsnap the retention tabs. Remove the inner water liner (plastic) by pulling it free of the door frame. You can use the same gooey adhesive that will stay on the liner to reattached to the door frame. The door speaker is now accessible.

yourownself
08-15-2008, 10:38 PM
where did you get your speakers? dealer or did you get a good deal on them?

seans
08-20-2008, 02:00 PM
On-line. I can't recall which vendor, sorry. They are OEM speakers.

I'm_A_Drifter
12-28-2008, 04:29 PM
Tweeter- use plastic putty knife and pop cover off. it's one solid piece across the top of the dash.
Door speaker- remove the screws in armrest/side view mirror area/and then pop the inner panel off. disconnect the window controls and the door linkage bars. Just unsnap the retention tabs. Remove the inner water liner (plastic) by pulling it free of the door frame. You can use the same gooey adhesive that will stay on the liner to reattached to the door frame. The door speaker is now accessible.

I was curious how involved it was as I need to replace mine. I like playing my music loud, but do not like the buzzing.

yourownself
12-28-2008, 10:31 PM
shoot, i just unplugged mine. it sounds just fine without them! i'll replace them eventually, but for now i'll deal with just the door speakers.

I'm_A_Drifter
12-29-2008, 06:56 AM
shoot, i just unplugged mine. it sounds just fine without them! i'll replace them eventually, but for now i'll deal with just the door speakers.

Sounds like a good idea. :D