1996 ZJ w/Infiniti gold burned cds wont play! [Archive] - North American Grand Cherokee Association

: 1996 ZJ w/Infiniti gold burned cds wont play!

boyce
11-08-2007, 07:26 PM
It doesnt like burned cds, regular cds play fine.
Burned cds, the cdplayer will sit there and sometimes play the first 3 tracks then goes ERR... over and over. annoying.

My jeep is a 1996.
From what I remember the infiniti gold in my 1994 limited played burned cds fine.

What gives, am I smoking crack?
Does the underseat amp work well with aftermarket heads high-out?
Or do I just find a cdplayer from a 1994?

VirginiaZJ
11-08-2007, 07:34 PM
When my I-gold worked, it played burnt CDs fine

boyce
11-08-2007, 07:45 PM
When my I-gold worked, it played burnt CDs fine
What year?

JeepinJoesZJ
11-08-2007, 07:51 PM
Mine didn't like burned cds either... An aftermarket will play them just fine... Matter of a fact, yours should as well, do this... Put the cd in, hit the skip button once every second or so and let it read somewhere in the middle of the cd... It make take a min or two to get it to read but it works for me in my 98 Dak w/ the infinity. After you do that it won't be hard to play until you take the cd out, and still just on burned cds.

boyce
11-08-2007, 07:55 PM
Mine didn't like burned cds either... An aftermarket will play them just fine... Matter of a fact, yours should as well, do this... Put the cd in, hit the skip button once every second or so and let it read somewhere in the middle of the cd... It make take a min or two to get it to read but it works for me in my 98 Dak w/ the infinity. After you do that it won't be hard to play until you take the cd out, and still just on burned cds.

Yeah I have found a few tricks, but everytime I hop in and restart the jeep and take off, it sits there for about a minute, then ERR. It is gay.

So stock aftermarket headunit high out is not too high for the infin amp?

VirginiaZJ
11-08-2007, 08:18 PM
Mine is a '98.. i believe the stereos were the same. Mine has always played them fine.

boyce
11-10-2007, 06:44 PM
Ok tried this first:
http://www.allpar.com/stereo/infinity-IV.html

My stereo was slightly different, but I found the POT for the laser.
Anyway I think I turned it like 1/4 turn instead of 1/16 and my cdplayer quite working.

****. [smilie=censored.gif]

Went to Napa bought Mounting kit and Wire kit $21
Busted MP3/CD pioneer deck I had laying around, wired it, plugged it in.

YES! It sounds better than stock deck, works perfectly with infinity amp, etc.
:lol:

richp
11-10-2007, 07:32 PM
Try a different brand of CD-R, Also are these straight burned copies or are they ripped to mpgs

boyce
11-12-2007, 11:21 AM
Try a different brand of CD-R, Also are these straight burned copies or are they ripped to mpgs
^Read whole thread. (Lets recap)

These are mp3 files converted to .CDA audio format on cds.

Different cdrs worked better but still had problems.

I tried adjusting laser output, broke stock cd player.
I have installed a aftermarket pioneer HU using stock amp/wiring etc.

It sounds better and I can play MP3/WMA cds now in addition to stock CDA audio cds.

Bryced1
05-09-2008, 05:16 PM
my 97 doesnt play them either.

it just spits it back out immediatly and says error.