Steering wheel volume and tune controls? [Archive] - North American Grand Cherokee Association

: Steering wheel volume and tune controls?

97grandcherokeelimited5.2
04-17-2007, 12:52 AM
ok so I am hoping theres a way around from buying a cd player that has that option. I just installed a sony xplod cd player and would like to keep the controls on the wheel and i was told there is a way around it but i don't know what it would be does anybody have any ideas or thoughts? I didn't buy a wiring kit I just cut and spliced wires. Thanks

k-9zj
04-17-2007, 09:15 PM
tried to do that for like a week 3 months ago to this day i havnt found a way around that and no one around here even know if that is possible unless you can find a c.d. player that has that option wired in it.

97grandcherokeelimited5.2
04-18-2007, 10:13 AM
man that sucks i hate to loose them controls

qkassidyw
04-18-2007, 10:29 AM
You can keep the controls....easy. There is a company Pac Audio (www.pac-audio.com) that sells the adapter. If your Sony has the wired remote option then you can use model number SWI-PS (which is stocked by Best Buy) or if you didn't buy the wired version you can buy the universal version SWI-X. That one does require a remote for programming but I believe all sony's come with a remote. I do highly recommend having a shop install it seeing as how you cut your stock harness to install your stereo.

If you want the part cheap I would search for it on ebay.