Dynamat is a MUST [Archive] - North American Grand Cherokee Association

: Dynamat is a MUST

wildstylejesse
08-16-2005, 09:07 PM
To install dynamat on the roof and door panels of a ZJ Limited you will need:

1x Dynamat Extreme Whole Car Kit
1x Dynamat Extreme Two Door Kit
1x Dynamat Application Roller (Makes it easier and gives a professional adhesion)

This will be enough for the majority of the vehicle.

I'm not sure about doing the trunk space, i started to peel back the factory layer and it seemed to look better than dynamat. Any thoughts about it? Is there a better product or does the regular extreme work better than the factory material? I know that for the doors and roof (people who have racks) can benefit from putting it on...I know that I have.

I recommend going to http://www.sonicelectronix.com for this purchase, they average to cost 60% of retail locations prices $130 rather than $250 for the whole car kit, plus you can shop knowing i've actually picked things up there as a "will-call" order.

GoingOffRoading
08-17-2005, 06:31 PM
Will call... No way!

I'll hop down to get some

http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result?newaddr=&taddr=26027+Huntington+Ln+Ste+D&csz=Lafayette%2C+ca&country=us&tcsz=Valencia%2C+CA+91355-1126&tcountry=us

LOL

Dynomat rocks for scilencing a car. A buddy of mine paid goodguys a pile of cash to line his roof, floor, hatch and doors with the stuff... Lets just say the car is pin drop quiet now.

Cool site for stereo stuff... I use to shop at OnlineCarStereo.com until they screwed me with like 3 consective orders.

wildstylejesse
08-17-2005, 09:43 PM
I had a phat ace order i was picking up and they had forgotten a DC->AC converter. They worked with me and overnighted it to make up for the mistake. Great people who work there. If you come out all this way...come a little more and hangout in santa monica w/me.

dean shirley
08-19-2005, 09:45 AM
it's cheaper if you go to lowes and order a contractor's roll of peal-and-seal. same stuff, 1/10 the price.

GoingOffRoading
08-19-2005, 05:26 PM
it's cheaper if you go to lowes and order a contractor's roll of peal-and-seal. same stuff, 1/10 the price.

It's not the "same" stuff... it's similar (probably not 100% as good)

dean shirley
08-19-2005, 07:12 PM
it's 100% as good as basic dynamat... it's what the 'inventer' of dynamat used when he first got into the business... he just slapped his lable on it and marked up the price 200%.

i've been doing car stereos for a long time now. granted, peal-and-seal the same as the basic line of dynamat, and there are some better - and more expensive - things out there, but first and formost, it's a jeep... why bother wasting the money on it when there is a cheeper, just as good, alternative?

froadin4rnr
08-19-2005, 08:56 PM
i gotta say this to. how many times have you just "heard" something wrong with your jeep, dynamat in and that problem goes unnoticed. not that it really matters, i actually would like a quieter jeep to, but sometimes it's good to be able to hear.

just a thought, good deal though for dynamat, could use some in my 4runner that is just a steel body with no insulation.
________
Jaguar Xj220 History (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Jaguar_XJ220)

Lil Red
12-14-2005, 11:28 PM
Does anyone have a part number for the peal-and-seal from Lowes?

I have looked in Canada and haven't been able to find it anywhere and will have to order it on-line from Lowes.

Thanks.

Grant.

CurtP
12-17-2005, 07:16 AM
I've used the ice dam from Home Depot before. Works, but you need several layers for it to work - takes about 3 or 4 layers to be anywhere effective, but then thickness can become an issue. I don't buy that it's the same stuff as basic Dynamat - ice dam is a rubber membrane, Dynamat is asphault on an adhesive substrate.

Personally, I don't care for Dynamat - too expensive IMO. I used to use Brown Bread from B-Quiet.com, but they have since discontinued it. They now recommend B-Quiet Ultimate instead - I used it for the first time lining the floor and firewall of my ZJ and I'm impressed with it. Pretty easy to work with, but once it's on, it's ON. I like it better than Brown Bread - it's a little bit thinner and easier to work with and seems just as effective.

daynamleo
02-10-2011, 11:19 PM
granted, peal-and-seal the same as the basic line of dynamat, and there are some better - and more expensive - things out there, but first and formost, it's a jeep... why bother wasting the money on it when there is a cheeper, just as good

ejschultz
02-11-2011, 07:33 AM
I deadened the front doors on my Caprice about 2 years ago. It made a world of difference with my front stage. I have a mix of Dynamat Xtreme and Damplifier on there. My front doors are pretty solid on there now. I recently won a giveaway on carstereoforum.net and got some Audiowrap for free. I plan on using that to completely deaden the front doors of the Jeep when the weather warms up a little. Deadener is a b*tch to work with when it's cold. Deadener is definitely worth it. Shop around for it though. Research. There are a ton of reviews of what's best and walkthroughs on how to properly deaden. Dynamat is good, but it's pricey. There's better out there for the money.

ejschultz
02-11-2011, 07:34 AM
http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi

This is an awesome site with a ton of knowledge about deadening and some great product as well.