gun holster in center console - North American Grand Cherokee Association
North American Grand Cherokee Association

Go Back   North American Grand Cherokee Association > Grand Cherokee Forum > Jeep Grand Cherokee Lounge-ZJ/WJ
Nagca.com is the premier Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-05-2013, 02:44 PM   #1
02blackwj
Grand Rookie

Default gun holster in center console

Hey guys!

Just wanted to share some pics of my newest install. Its my blackhawl cqc level 2 holster for my glock 19.

Fits perfect and hidden

Check out the pics and share ur installs if possible
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130305_171836.jpg (174.8 KB, 75 views)
02blackwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2013, 01:41 PM   #2
ZachandAndy
Grand Rookie

Center console and glove box are both prohibited locations for handgun transport. I'll pass on the concealed weapons charge.
ZachandAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:11 PM   #3
gcjeeping
Grand Junkie

Where abouts in Miami do you park your jeep.....J/K
gcjeeping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:00 PM   #4
RNMedic
Grand Rookie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachandAndy View Post
Center console and glove box are both prohibited locations for handgun transport. I'll pass on the concealed weapons charge.
depends what state you are in.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:00 PM   #5
02blackwj
Grand Rookie

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNMedic View Post
depends what state you are in.

That is exactly what i was thinking, in Florida you need to have at least a 2 step process in reaching for your weapon.

In my case..
1. open center console
2. Reach for weapon and press holster release button.

You dont need a concealed license to transport in the car so long as it is hidden and holstered. Now if i was to carry it out of the car and on my person's that is a completely different story.

Vehicle carry

Vehicle carry without a license is permitted.
Handguns must be either "securely encased" or not immediately available for use.[12] "Securely encased" means in a glove compartment, whether or not locked; snapped in a holster; in a gun case, whether or not locked; in a zippered gun case; or in a closed box or container which requires a lid or cover to be opened for access.[13] Carry of a Handgun on one's person inside a vehicle without a license is not permitted (except in the case of open carry in accordance with the law outlined above). Once a handgun is securely encased, it can be stored anywhere inside the vehicle and is not limited to just the glove compartment/center console.

BOO YAH!!!!!
Old 03-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #6
ZachandAndy
Grand Rookie

I live in commiefornia, so it's a no go for me. Must be in a locked container, excluding center console and glove compartment weather locked or not. I never said you'd have a problem, but I would if I did something similar.
ZachandAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:35 PM   #7
02blackwj
Grand Rookie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachandAndy View Post
I live in commiefornia, so it's a no go for me. Must be in a locked container, excluding center console and glove compartment weather locked or not. I never said you'd have a problem, but I would if I did something similar.
Well good luck to you my friend, think of something that might be legal and comfortable for you. Im sure you might think of something.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #8
Doctor Dirt
Grand Rookie

I once lived in Sunny CA and read a fine book called titled: How to Own a Gun in (insert your state name here) and Stay Out of Jail. There is now a nationwide version available. I met all the criterea (10 yrs ago) by keeping my unloaded .357 in a pad-locked zippered rug style case between the passenger seat and center console and a speed loader in the uinlocked glove box. Yeah, acess and loading may take a moment. But, there are a few tricks (figure it out) one can use with this system that will give the appearance of the set up described by the time the occifer approaches your window. In CA, you need to let them know what you got and where it is. PS, keeping a reduced copy of bill of sale behind the CDL will preclude any hanky panky while they confirm ownership of your side arm. Read and understand the rules. Here in WA state, CCW permit is easy to get.
Doctor Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:48 PM   #9
ozzy_2_me
Grand Rookie

DUDE!!!! that is awesome. handgun holster and then theres the "silkey silk" right next to it.

i have mine mounted right out in the open buy my transfer case shift lever.
ozzy_2_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement