*NEW* Rough Country ZJ long arm kit!!!!! - North American Grand Cherokee Association
North American Grand Cherokee Association

Go Back   North American Grand Cherokee Association > NAGCA Information and Announcements > Grand Cherokee - Vendor Group Buys & Specials
Nagca.com is the premier Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:58 AM   #1
eric@morris4x4center
Grand Rookie

Default *NEW* Rough Country ZJ long arm kit!!!!!

HOLY COW THIS KIT IS AWESOME!

If you've seen the XJ and TJ long arm kits you know what this kit is capable of. I've got a few on hand ready to go. It lists for $1449.95. For NAGCA members only, I'm selling them for $1249.99 with $24.99 shipping inside the continental United States. Alaska, Hawaii and , Puerto Rico will need to be quoted as well as international shipmens. I've sold two already and I have 5 left at this time. The deal is only available through me at the shop.

954-334-0486
-Eric

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_zj_4xla.html
www.jeep4x4center.com
eric@morris4x4center is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2011, 07:21 AM   #2
bigdhamZJ
Grand Rookie

Can this kit handle more than 4" of lift? Like 5"-6"? The kit looks awesome, but I would probably just need the upgrade.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:27 PM   #3
djlarroc
Grand Junkie

That is a heck of a deal on shipping too!
djlarroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:09 AM   #4
jacked
Grand Rookie

im very interested in this kit and would like to hear some real world reviews. i come from the xj world but will be getting a 96 zj 5.2. how high is this able to handle? i would be running at least 35s so would most likely need 6" of lift (with trimming)
jacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:38 PM   #5
slowcrawler
Grand Junkie

Talked to guys at Rough Country because I was seriously looking for when I bumped up to 7 inches of lift and wanting adjustable long control arms. I was excited to finally see them make one. Yes it would work but for me the thread count left in the arm tubes would not. I like to have a couple of inches in the tube still to give me a warm and fuzzy. Five inches I think you would be fine.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:24 AM   #6
jacked
Grand Rookie

do you have an idea of exactly how much thread is intact with a 7" lift? also whats the general consensus of their track bars and brackets? trying to decide if i want just the upgrade kit and get my own springs and track bar or the complete setup and see how it works out, and just add some lift spacers for now.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:17 AM   #7
slowcrawler
Grand Junkie

Other options would be since your going to run 35's would be some iceland fender flares which would allow you to run between 4-5 inches of lift with their kit no problems. Depends on what your building your rig for. They told me I would have maybe an inch and/or possibily less in the tube. I was told that they did not test it for anything at that height which I understand since they run it on 4inches. So I went with the folks I know, Iron Rock Offroad. Track bar and brackets I have not had issues in my past builds with them but I did not put them through major abuse. I would say complete set up if you want 5inches or less. Any higher is questionable in my opinion with it. Once again depends on the abuse you have in mind.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:52 AM   #8
jacked
Grand Rookie

thanks really appreciate it, yeah that sounds sketchy with that little thread. i have seen the flares and was thinking about them, especially since my laws are real gay around here about tires. i dont do a ton of off roading and im pretty careful, i would definately go with something like IRO or clayton if i had the cash. i can do the kit for now and see where i go with it, if it comes down to it i can always weld extensions on the arms.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:55 AM   #9
slowcrawler
Grand Junkie

Yea what it sounds like I'd go with the Rough Country kit if you do not do alot of offroading and you will be fine. As far as welding you'd void the warranty if you put a torch to it.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:56 AM   #10
djlarroc
Grand Junkie

I have this kit.. and am running it on 6.5". I don't recall anymore the amount of thread I had in the tubes, but it was definitely more than an inch. I would not have ran it w/that little thread in there.

http://www.nagca.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44084
djlarroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement