bolt in-rollcage - North American Grand Cherokee Association
North American Grand Cherokee Association

Go Back   North American Grand Cherokee Association > More Grand Cherokee Discussions > Grand Cherokee - Interior Mods & Upgrades
Nagca.com is the premier Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-16-2010, 03:51 PM   #1
ZeeJay95
Grand Junkie

Send a message via AIM to ZeeJay95
Question bolt in-rollcage

I searched around and found several members here who have built their own rollcages. I have also found a couple of weld-in types online. My question is...does anybody make a bolt-in for a ZJ? I mean actually FOR a ZJ not an XJ cage that can be modified. Not having any luck yet

I know a custom guy who said he can build one, and he does great work but he's pricey and he's never made anything for a ZJ. I don't want my Jeep to be an expensive guinea pig, ya know?
silver '95 Grand Cherokee, 6-cyl automatic, selec-trac: 4.5 inch lift, 33 inch tires, skid plates, driveshaft with SYE, front winch bumper, rock sliders, internal roll cage, engine knock, transmission leak, etc....
ZeeJay95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2010, 03:55 PM   #2
BigClay
Administrator
Grand Master

Don't know of any ZJ specific bolt in cages.
waggy 44 front with chromo shafts and an Aussie; ford 8.8 rear with Dutchman shafts and a Detroit; 35" PBRs; Clayton long arms with 6" BDS springs; 4.88 gears; exo cage
Build thread - http://www.nagca.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34548
BigClay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:18 PM   #3
MoparBoy01
Premium Member
Grand Junkie

The only thing I have found that is bolt in is for the Cherokees, which works for me since I own both a ZJ and XJ but I wish someone would make a blot in style for the ZJ.
98 ZJ, 3.5 Rubicon w/ 1 inch CrawlerReady spacers,Iron Rock Offroad front long arms, Spartan locker, Hanson front bumper, Tabor winch, 31 Pro-Comp Mts, Yakima roof rack, snorkel, cb, firestik cb antenna.
98 ZJ 5.9L Platinum Slate
98 ZJ 5.9L Dark Slate.
CrawlerReady Supporter
ddoffroad.com
MoparBoy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 04:37 PM   #4
19ONEBADZJ96
Grand Junkie

http://shop.eoronline.com/product.sc...2&categoryId=2
19ONEBADZJ96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 05:55 PM   #5
ZeeJay95
Grand Junkie

^^I assume that one welds in, right? For some reason my bf thinks he needs to strip the interior out for a weld-in but I doubt the bolt-ins are attached to the plastic and/or carpet, LOL.

OK so how would an XJ cage need to be modified? Or does it depend on the cage manufacturer? Sorry I am mechanically ignorant, my bf just told me to dig around for a cage. I told him to just keep the rubber side down and not worry about it
silver '95 Grand Cherokee, 6-cyl automatic, selec-trac: 4.5 inch lift, 33 inch tires, skid plates, driveshaft with SYE, front winch bumper, rock sliders, internal roll cage, engine knock, transmission leak, etc....
Old 11-17-2010, 08:20 PM   #6
conedog
Grand Junkie

Rockhard 4x4 was working on a bolt in cage for the ZJ. I thought it had reached production but I don't see it on their site, maybe try contacting them.
There are some pics i this thread
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=815247
Old 11-17-2010, 09:33 PM   #7
ZeeJay95
Grand Junkie

THANK YOU conedog! I'll pass that info along and keep my fingers crossed. Although that particular vendor is in CA and I'm in TN, shipping may be a real beeyotch.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:26 AM   #8
NOTHINGMAN
Grand Addict

i would spend the extra money and go with EORs cage..they are a local shop for me (nashville, tn) and not to far from you in memphis plus Jimmy (the owner) does some great work..planning on putting that cage in my 5.9 at some point

98 ZJ 5.9L Platnium - 7in IRO long arm FOR SALE!!!!!
NOTHINGMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:43 AM   #9
SirFuego
Grand Addict

IIRC the EOR one is bolt in from what I've read about on other boards, but it's easy enough to pick up the phone and call them real quick to verify. Another thing to consider with the "production" cages, is that they usually come with the bare minimum and the "options" you can get with them (additional cross-bracing, harness mounts, etc.) can add up really quickly if you want them -- possibly to the point to what a fully custom cage would cost just as much.

How big are you? I've read a lot of complaints about leg and headroom from the EOR cages.

I went fully custom with my roll cage -- but my rig was also so beat up that it was in my best interest to cut out as much sheetmetal as possible (which is why it turned into a buggy).
Old 11-18-2010, 11:49 AM   #10
ZeeJay95
Grand Junkie

I'm about 5'2 and my bf is just over 6 ft.

I emailed Allen about the Rockhard seen on Pirate and he says they do indeed have them. Like $845, plus shipping. I looked on the RockHard website and found a dealer in KS, which is a little closer and emailed them about it too.

I'll look into the EOR one a little further now...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement