Official Newbie Intro thread... - North American Grand Cherokee Association
North American Grand Cherokee Association

Go Back   North American Grand Cherokee Association > Grand Cherokee Forum > Grand Cherokee - Newbie Forum
Nagca.com is the premier Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:27 AM   #1
BigClay
Administrator
Grand Master

Default Official Newbie Intro thread...

We have a lot of people joining the forum recently, and everyone wants to introduce themselves, so instead of having hundreds of introduction threads, lets put them all in this one thread.

So if you are a new member, post up here and say hello!

Welcome to NAGCA!
waggy 44 front with chromo shafts and an Aussie; ford 8.8 rear with Dutchman shafts and a Detroit; 35" PBRs; Clayton long arms with 6" BDS springs; 4.88 gears; exo cage
Build thread - http://www.nagca.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34548
BigClay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2009, 10:13 AM   #2
Pedro7
Grand Rookie

Default Newbie from NJ

Hey guys newbie to the site, but not to Jeeps. I just recently rolled my XJ about a month ago (well, my brother was driving ) and have recently parted it out It was a 99 XJ, 3" lift, 33's, skids, rear Aussie, and a bunch of other stuff. But, thats history. So, to replace it I was thinking of buying a chevy pickup, but realized I had to go back to a Jeep. So, I'm in the process of searching for a V8 WJ because my dad has one and I love it. Gonna start small as most people do and try to keep this street friendly. No sense wasting money on a BB so I'm looking at smaller spring lift options at the moment. I'll post my questions in the Suspension tech board. I look forward to being a part of this site!

Just for kicks, some pics of my old Jeep before and after.

Pedro7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:20 AM   #3
BigClay
Administrator
Grand Master

Welcome, now start modding that thing!
waggy 44 front with chromo shafts and an Aussie; ford 8.8 rear with Dutchman shafts and a Detroit; 35" PBRs; Clayton long arms with 6" BDS springs; 4.88 gears; exo cage
Old 09-27-2009, 11:35 AM   #4
Pedro7
Grand Rookie

I like those rims, very nice!
Old 09-27-2009, 12:02 PM   #5
swoop95
Grand Master

Send a message via AIM to swoop95 Send a message via Yahoo to swoop95

I think he means it needs some distance between it and the ground.

Looks very nice! List some things you've done to it. You can start your own thread under "Your Grand Cherokee"
Old 09-28-2009, 07:09 AM   #6
Steinalero
Grand Rookie

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum but, like Pedro, not to Jeeps. I'm in an 04 WJ now and I love it. I'll post some pictures of it later, but right now I'm in the process of changing out all my fluids and ripping out the carpet after sinking it up to the windshield in a creek last weekend. I wouldn't want you to see her at her worst
Old 09-28-2009, 12:49 PM   #7
Black95ZJ
Grand Rookie

Hey, y'all, J.B. here. Proud owner of a 225K mile 1995 GC w/the 4.0, and a 2003 Pontiac Grand Am, that when paid off will be traded in on an 05 WK with the Hemi. Here's my baby for now. She's still stock, so don't laugh too hard at these pics.......she'll be a real rig one day. Decided to "flex her out" in a ditch at my mother in law's......

Black95ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:02 PM   #8
BigClay
Administrator
Grand Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoop95 View Post
I think he means it needs some distance between it and the ground.

Looks very nice! List some things you've done to it. You can start your own thread under "Your Grand Cherokee"
Haha, yeah I meant get some horizontal mods going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steinalero View Post
Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum but, like Pedro, not to Jeeps. I'm in an 04 WJ now and I love it. I'll post some pictures of it later, but right now I'm in the process of changing out all my fluids and ripping out the carpet after sinking it up to the windshield in a creek last weekend. I wouldn't want you to see her at her worst
lets see some pics of it sunk!

Welcome to all the Newbies!
Old 09-28-2009, 01:06 PM   #9
Steinalero
Grand Rookie

Quote:
lets see some pics of it sunk!
I didn't have time to take pictures of it sunk, I was working pretty fast to get it out of the creek so I didn't get it too water logged. I've got a couple videos on my friend's camera from earlier in the day that I'll post once I get them from him.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:24 PM   #10
horatio102
Grand Junkie

Yo. I like Jeeps but don't know anything about them.

Oh wait. That's not true.
I bought the first v8 WJ laredo that Kirkland Chrysler sold, then got rid of it when I went back to school because I didn't want a payment.

Then I missed it so about 2 years ago I bought another one. Then earlier this year I bought a 3rd, but I never drove it so I just sold it. My 2nd one I got and it was bone stock. Since then, I've installed a 3" and then a 6.5" long arm IRO lift w/ Bilstein 5150 shocks, IRO premium rock sliders that my buddy brian added a 3rd tube to, IRO t-case skid, Mopar front skid, IRO sourced front drive shaft, Aussie Locker in the rear, WARN receiver shackle, Cobra CB, iPod integration into the Infinity Gold system, front tow hooks, Hella Supertones, Hella Rallye 4000 lights, mega monster tranny cooler, new radiator, new water pump, OEM H.O. air intake resonator with a K&N filter, high flow cat, Flowmaster 40-series, and I'm probably forgetting some stuff.

I've done ALL of the work myself, except Brian bending and welding up some tubes for my sliders.

Here's my ghetto crash bar (5x3" steel tube) with Rallye 4000 lights. You can see the Supertones in the grille too.

Here's the modified rock slider - I wanted more lateral protection, and these happen to stick out flush with the tires now.

Here's where I mounted my CB and brake controller.

And this is what it should have looked like when it left the factory. Oh, except I put the rear bumper back on.

horatio102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement