BigClay's Project White Noise v2.0 - North American Grand Cherokee Association
North American Grand Cherokee Association

Go Back   North American Grand Cherokee Association > Rigs, Trips, and Events > Your Jeep Grand Cherokee
Nagca.com is the premier Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:28 AM   #1
BigClay
Administrator
Grand Master

Default BigClay's Project White Noise v2.0

UPDATE: Current setup starts at post #409

I have been lurking around here for a while now and I figured it was time to introduce my rig. I am calling it White Noise because I have almost 170k on it now and with time every jeep seems to begin to make its own unique “sounds” (right now my lifters are clicking), and right after I bought the jeep I put a Flowmaster on it, so I thought the name was fitting.

I bought this 1993, white, 4.slow ZJ in September 1999 with 99k on it. It was my DD and remained stock until I was out of school for a few years.

Stock

In college I bought a Tahoe, and that became my DD and the ZJ sat silent for a while. I would post more pictures below of my rig (because I am sure no one has seen a 93 ZJ on 31” tires!) but my hard drive crashed a few months ago, and I was only able to recover some of my pictures.

Finally I got the itch and it was time to start modifying the jeep in 2007. The jeep was still my secondary vehicle so I decided to keep the lift mild. Instead of a budget boost, I went with the OME 1” Heavy Duty springs and shocks. The lift netted me about 2” of lift. Before I put on the 31” Trxus M/Ts I trimmed the front plastic facia. After the trim I put on the Trxus M/Ts on 15x8 Cragger Soft 8’s.

I decided I needed some front tow point so I went with KOR’s radiator support. I also went ahead and trimmed the front plastic facia all the way around.

Well then, after all of the mods I did, some punk kid thought I needed a few other mods

And then the day after I got that fixed, he decided I needed a few other mods

Well I got everything else fixed (as best as I wanted it fixed), but I needed more room in the cargo area so I decided to get KOR’s roof mounted spare tire carrier, along with the Hi-Lift attachment. I also added a CB, and painted the front “chrome” grill flat black.

Future plans:

Well the lift bug has gotten me so I am in the process of assembling a RE 3.5” superflex kit and I am going to upgrade to all 8 adjustable arms, and I am thinking about adding 1” spacers also

KOR sliders

T-case skid

Gas tank skid

And…?
waggy 44 front with chromo shafts and an Aussie; ford 8.8 rear with Dutchman shafts and a Detroit; 35" PBRs; Clayton long arms with 6" BDS springs; 4.88 gears; exo cage
Build thread - http://www.nagca.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34548

Last edited by BigClay; 07-25-2012 at 03:50 PM.
BigClay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2009, 09:40 AM   #2
fuzzy59
Grand Master

Send a message via AIM to fuzzy59

Welcome aboard. That totally sucks what that kid did, did you ever find the little bastage?
Old 01-13-2009, 09:43 AM   #3
BigClay
Administrator
Grand Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy59 View Post
Welcome aboard. That totally sucks what that kid did, did you ever find the little bastage?
Yeah I found out who it was, it was a punk 16 year old in my neighborhood that had nothing better to do. Unless I had caught him in the act and snapped a picture there was nothing the law could do; and since he was only 16, there was nothing I could really do besides going to his parents, which I did, and they are even more worthless than the kid is.
waggy 44 front with chromo shafts and an Aussie; ford 8.8 rear with Dutchman shafts and a Detroit; 35" PBRs; Clayton long arms with 6" BDS springs; 4.88 gears; exo cage
Old 01-13-2009, 09:51 AM   #4
fuzzy59
Grand Master

Send a message via AIM to fuzzy59

I'm sure you can find some uses with a crobar
Old 01-13-2009, 10:04 AM   #5
besthaticouldo
Grand Addict

Send a message via AIM to besthaticouldo

thats shitty...kids have no respect

that jeep is coming along nice tho

how is the tire and hilift mounts? i was looking at those...pretty sweet
Old 01-13-2009, 10:25 AM   #6
RockZJ
Grand Pooh-Bah

Clay, no worries man. Karma! That little fawk will get his. I know the feeling man, im very, very protective over my rig so if that happened I would go ape sh*t and start busting heads. Kids really have no respect now-a-days, and im sorry the parents are POS as well. Scum begets scum. And who said nurture versus nature anyways? Agreed, crowbar him back or wait until he gets a car and repay the favor.

RockZJ
97 4.0 to 5.2- V8 Swap, Claytons, RE, KOR, TnT Truss, Ballistic Gear, Warn, ARB, KOR Tire Carrier, Waggy 44 Swap F&R, 35" KM2's, 5.9 Goodies, Aussie Locked, 4.88's, Dutchman Shafts, SYE Kit, Woods Shafts, Too Much To List- SOLD

98 5.9- Award Winning Platinum ZJ, ARB Front, 5" RC Lift, DT Headers, Magnaflow 3", MP ECU, RB-1 Navigation System, 33" KM2's, 16" AEV Bridgers, Cobra CB, Hella Black Magics, K&N Intake, Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Spidertrax- SOLD

04 LJ- Build in progress...
RockZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:45 AM   #7
swoop95
Grand Master

Send a message via AIM to swoop95 Send a message via Yahoo to swoop95

Sorry 'bout that punk kid, but he might have been trying to help you with that OBX sticker!
LOL

No but seriously.. sorry that sucks, but it did clean up nicely!
Old 01-13-2009, 04:14 PM   #8
BigClay
Administrator
Grand Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoop95 View Post
Sorry 'bout that punk kid, but he might have been trying to help you with that OBX sticker!
LOL

No but seriously.. sorry that sucks, but it did clean up nicely!
Hey whats wrong with the Outer Banks?
Old 01-13-2009, 04:15 PM   #9
BigClay
Administrator
Grand Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockZJ View Post
Clay, no worries man. Karma! That little fawk will get his. I know the feeling man, im very, very protective over my rig so if that happened I would go ape sh*t and start busting heads. Kids really have no respect now-a-days, and im sorry the parents are POS as well. Scum begets scum. And who said nurture versus nature anyways? Agreed, crowbar him back or wait until he gets a car and repay the favor.

RockZJ
Yeah man, I am a believer in what goes around comes around, so that little biotch will get his one day, maybe not by me, but I am sure by someone someday.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:17 PM   #10
jeeperoni91
Grand Master

this is the punk that bought my RE 3.5 SF a couple months ago
jeeperoni91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement