What did you do to your GC today? - North American Grand Cherokee Association
North American Grand Cherokee Association

Go Back   North American Grand Cherokee Association > Grand Cherokee Forum > Jeep Grand Cherokee Lounge-ZJ/WJ
Nagca.com is the premier Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-19-2006, 08:20 AM   #1
Zj95Maxx
Grand Master

Send a message via AIM to Zj95Maxx
Default What did you do to your GC today?

Starting this back up, the other got out of hand fast with bickering, wont happen again, let's keep this one on topic.

Today I am doing the TJ gas bezel mod,draining tranny fluid and filling her back up, wiring some lights on back of my rack, and just doing a general check of everything to make sure everything is tightened and where it should be.

I'll post pictures tonight!
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2006, 01:28 PM   #2
whowey
Grand Junkie

Watched my wife drive it past the house.
whowey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 01:41 PM   #3
GrnGrand97
Grand Master

Send a message via AIM to GrnGrand97 Send a message via MSN to GrnGrand97 Send a message via Yahoo to GrnGrand97

Well I didn't do it but my Jeep did it self. It is running like #2. Smells really rich and stumbles when you let of the gas. If you have it in P or N and Rev it up 2K or more and let of the gas it dies. 1 time it did die and restart itself. Just went out and started her back up. Some quick hits of the gas up to 1K RPM's and it drops down to almost dieing. The Volt meter is also dropping to when the rpm's drop. It has to be something fuel or air related. It seems air to me because when it first started to do it smelt really rich, but it doesn't any more.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:25 PM   #4
hellride1975
Grand Junkie

Put a T on your fuel line and check pressure, sounds like fuel pump. Had this happen, same symptons, on my ZJ before. You should have 39 pounds with the ignition in the on position. Good luck. Also check the cat for ceramic breakage, could be totally clogged. Good luck.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:43 PM   #5
GrnGrand97
Grand Master

Send a message via AIM to GrnGrand97 Send a message via MSN to GrnGrand97 Send a message via Yahoo to GrnGrand97

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellride1975
Put a T on your fuel line and check pressure, sounds like fuel pump. Had this happen, same symptons, on my ZJ before. You should have 39 pounds with the ignition in the on position. Good luck. Also check the cat for ceramic breakage, could be totally clogged. Good luck.
Yeah I'm bringing it to my mechanic tomarrow, as I live in an apartment and can't wrench here. How hard is it to replace the pump?
Old 11-19-2006, 05:08 PM   #6
hellride1975
Grand Junkie

Not hard, more time consuming. Need line wrenches, take off tank straps( and skid plate), drain tank, replace, put back together. Not that bad, just a boring job. Sucks.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:12 PM   #7
GrnGrand97
Grand Master

Well I can't do it where Im at...no tools and an apartment. So it would have to be done at my mechanics. I'm hoping it is the PCV valve...but if it is the fuel pump how much would that run to get fixed at a shop?
Old 11-19-2006, 05:20 PM   #8
85IrocZ-28
YETI - The Abominable WJ
Grand Master

Picked up a K&N for the 99 for $15. A friend built an intake for his and sold me his old filter.

Spend the rest of the day tighening parts in the front end trying to find the pop. Changed the oil, replaced a brake light, replaced both license plate lights...Need to get things ready for Thanksgiving, want to go wheeling.
My Jeep won the war, your Honda mowed my lawn.
Check out my BUILD THREAD
85IrocZ-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 05:23 PM   #9
Angelous
Grand Master

look to spend about 4-600 bucks to get it fixed. Those pumps aren't cheap!

Its not a Jeep, Its a way of Life!
Angelous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 05:25 PM   #10
GrnGrand97
Grand Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelous
look to spend about 4-600 bucks to get it fixed. Those pumps aren't cheap!
:cry: ...now I really hope it is the PCV valve...if not I will have to charge it.
Advertisement