Grand Willys Project - Page 108 - North American Grand Cherokee Association
North American Grand Cherokee Association

Go Back   North American Grand Cherokee Association > Grand Cherokee Forum > Jeep Grand Cherokee Lounge--WK
Nagca.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-19-2017, 07:42 AM   #1071
Mutt
Administrator
Grand Addict

Looks good as always and like the fact I am not the only one that welds plastic lol.
pretty nasty smells when doing that lol.
Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2017, 09:17 AM   #1072
Briian-Emmons
Grand Junkie

Looks great Marcus
Nice to know I am in a select club of plastic welders
Try to do most of my plastic welding in a collapsible model spray booth so I can use its fume extraction fan, as well as having a normal fan to blow the fumes away
Briian-Emmons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 12:18 PM   #1073
zjrog
Grand Junkie

I am amazed, Markus. Awesome detail as usual!
zjrog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-19-2017, 04:19 PM   #1074
Gojeep
Grand Addict

The smell did bring back memories of repairing my skis and mono board bases. Think they were ptex?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Gojeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 03:28 AM   #1075
Gojeep
Grand Addict

Before I removed the A/C unit from the cab, I made a template to show me how much room I had to the cowl above and to the firewall behind to run the defrost ducting.

There was just no room to run it out the top so I fitted these PVC elbows to the underside of the defrost chamber. I glued a collar tightly above and below where it enters in to hold them in place.

I also added smaller fittings to run to the defrost outlets for the side windows each side. They are already moulded into the ends of the dash so thought why not!

The fittings were actually the ends of the flexible hose off of a vacuum cleaner. The hose will just thread straight onto the fittings. As they were made from plastic, I welded the fittings to the unit.

Quick refit to check that it cleared everything and works out well.

I cut the sides out of the original donor ducting to weld shut the top outlets. No worries about corrosion with only plastic used.

Before the roof goes on, I thought I better layout all the cab wiring to see what needs to run up the A pillars while access is easier. There is a lot there just for the cab! No chassis or engine wiring in this lot.

The aerial wiring had an amplifier attached to the end of it and was fitted up inside the donor roof. Connected to one of the cargo side windows that had the aerial imbedded into the glass.

Ran the aerial wire up the A pillar and will decide later what sort of aerial I will connect it too. Easy enough to pull out later if I what to run it some place else.

This big loom is just for the mirror believe it or not! Who would have though you need 12 wires for that, but it has a light sensor as part of it and think the rain sensor connects to it as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Gojeep; 03-25-2017 at 03:32 AM.
Old 03-25-2017, 04:17 AM   #1076
Mutt
Administrator
Grand Addict

Looking good Marcus!!
Insane amount of wires for a mirror lol.
Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 06:16 AM   #1077
wfoguy
Grand Rookie

It's been a while since I checked in. You're making serious progress on the PITA's with the dash items. This is another example of 2 lbs. of crap in a 1 lb. bag. Just in case anyone was unaware, pvc gives off cyanide fumes when burnt. I don't know what abs produces but I'm sure it could cause serious problems. Looking good!
wfoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 09:50 AM   #1078
Briian-Emmons
Grand Junkie

Looking good as always Marcus
I like the work you have done on the heater, and see you are now looking at the wiring looms
Have you got enough clearance in the dash to fit the dash wiring back in without to many problems?
Briian-Emmons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 12:17 AM   #1079
Gojeep
Grand Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutt View Post
Looking good Marcus!!
Insane amount of wires for a mirror lol.
Just read the owners manual and it has the auto dimming function in case headlight from the car behind shine into it. Must take too much effort now a days to lift your hand up and adjust it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfoguy View Post
It's been a while since I checked in. You're making serious progress on the PITA's with the dash items. This is another example of 2 lbs. of crap in a 1 lb. bag. Just in case anyone was unaware, pvc gives off cyanide fumes when burnt. I don't know what abs produces but I'm sure it could cause serious problems. Looking good!
Yep they are no good at all. Fortunately still hot here so have the two fans running all the time anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briian-Emmons View Post
Looking good as always Marcus
I like the work you have done on the heater, and see you are now looking at the wiring looms
Have you got enough clearance in the dash to fit the dash wiring back in without to many problems?
The height of the dash stays the same at the front half where the wiring runs so that is unchanged. It clips into that tubular frame which is still stock. The dip in the cowl just took away all the space for the duct work for the defrost mainly and only just a bit for the front vents and why I had to go to round ones.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement