ZJ Lift Kit Questions - North American Grand Cherokee Association
North American Grand Cherokee Association

Go Back   North American Grand Cherokee Association > Grand Cherokee Forum > Jeep Grand Cherokee Lounge-ZJ/WJ
Nagca.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-13-2017, 06:32 PM   #1
topsub
Grand Rookie

Default ZJ Lift Kit Questions

Hello First post here and i'm lost,

Car: 1998 5.9 limited for reference.

So i did some searching and unless i fail at searching its been a while since hearing reviews on some of the common company's i keep seeing. I was looking at getting a long arm kit. It seems only 1 company makes a 3.5 ( rough country ) then a 4.5 ( Rubicon Express) then 5.5 ( rustys offroad, Iron Rock ) which was taller then i was wanting to go. ( won't drive shaft and other mods need to happen?)

In the end i was looking to put fox shocks on which ever lift i go with. But with all the hate with each company i look at i am lost.

I'm looking to go off roading, trail riding, light / med rock crawling with the ZJ but still take around time

On my DD i have a 6inch BDS Coilover Fox system but bds doesn't have a long arm kit for the ZJ.

ANy help / pointers / suggestions would be great as my head spins the more i read post.

EDIT: Could i get a BDS kit with a long arm kit upgrade?

Last edited by topsub; 04-13-2017 at 06:35 PM.
topsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2017, 01:59 AM   #2
WJson
Grand Rookie

What kind of tires are you looking for, that makes a really big difference. If you want 30s you don't have to get a tall lift kit
WJson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 07:54 AM   #3
topsub
Grand Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJson View Post
What kind of tires are you looking for, that makes a really big difference. If you want 30s you don't have to get a tall lift kit
Prob just some nice 33 inch tires, Nitto Trails prob.

Old 04-15-2017, 05:49 AM   #4
BigClay
Administrator
Grand Master

Take a look at Clayton and Ironman Offroad Fabrication. They both make long arms for a ZJ. In my opinion, for 33s, you can just stay with short arms. If you are set on long arms, then there are a lot of other things to consider. Take a look at my build and you can see the progression of a ZJ from springs only , to short arm lift, to long arm lift.
waggy 44 front with chromo shafts and an Aussie; ford 8.8 rear with Dutchman shafts and a Detroit; 35" PBRs; Clayton long arms with 6" BDS springs; 4.88 gears; exo cage
Build thread -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BigClay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:03 AM   #5
topsub
Grand Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigClay View Post
Take a look at Clayton and Ironman Offroad Fabrication. They both make long arms for a ZJ. In my opinion, for 33s, you can just stay with short arms. If you are set on long arms, then there are a lot of other things to consider. Take a look at my build and you can see the progression of a ZJ from springs only , to short arm lift, to long arm lift.
Ok and i will, I am in NC as well, are you around charlotte?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement