Official Newbie Intro thread... - Page 71 - North American Grand Cherokee Association
North American Grand Cherokee Association

Go Back   North American Grand Cherokee Association > Grand Cherokee Forum > Grand Cherokee - Newbie Forum
Nagca.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-01-2017, 09:55 AM   #701
Briian-Emmons
Grand Junkie

Welcome to the Forum everyone
Briian-Emmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2017, 11:36 AM   #702
BS Grilling
Grand Rookie

Default NOOB here

I am totally a NOOB to Jeeps and SUV's.
Have owned just about everything else till now.
Looking forward to learning stuff about our 'new to us' 99 Grand Cherokee Laredo.

Kind of fell into it, bought a 40' diesel pusher Motor Coach and got the jeep as a 'throw-in'.
It was what he towed behind the coach and has a bunch of dragged miles so it is kind of loose but super clean.
I just picked it up, so I don't have any questions so far.
BS Grilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 10:16 AM   #703
zjjuice
Grand Rookie

Default New Member

Hi All - Nick here as a new member. Just got a 98 ZJ 5.9 and in process of getting it running well and upgrading as we all do.

Currently planning a top end replacement due to a suspected overheating issue with priors and head gasket is trashed.

Look forward to turning this 5.9 into a beast one day
zjjuice is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-25-2017, 09:04 PM   #704
HommerSimpson
Grand Rookie

Default New to Forum.. new to GC..

Been beating to death a 92 xj for about 7 years and 75k miles..still runs like a champ but 5 speed Howling like crazy and its got 320,000.00 miles on her.. so.. I found a 98 Grand Cherokee Laredo Auto AWD 5.2L with 150k miles on her..bad trans..due to someone flushing it .. Will be posting pics soon..
Peace Out
Greg
HommerSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 04:58 AM   #705
Ribes
Grand Rookie

Hello from Spain
I bought a 97 limited two years ago, it was supposed to be a transition car for a few months, now I am really impressed about its toughness and it will become my daily driver. Needs lot of work on it but it deserves the effort to bring it back to youth again.
I do appreciate all the magnific info I can find on the forum.
Thank you all
Ribes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:52 AM   #706
55 Performance
Grand Rookie

Hi from Tirol Austria,

My Name is Tobi. I have a garage for US cars heren in Vils/Tirol. We work on Dodge trucks, Oldtimers and Jeeps. I used this forum several times when i had problems with Jeeps. I would say thank you for writing so much technical stuff here. My Job here in Europe would be not that easy if i could not have forums like this.

My ride at the moment is a 2006 WH 3,0 crd. I buildet it up after an accident. i use it for offroading and rally organisation in Europe. Last month in maroc for the carta rally. We made some mods at the engine. Chiptuning, Cat off, DPF off ......

I will make a built up thread soon.

Sorry for my bad english......

Greetings

Tobi
55 Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 01:34 PM   #707
Briian-Emmons
Grand Junkie

welcome to the forum guys
Briian-Emmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 12:57 PM   #708
MrCntry
Grand Rookie

Hello from So. Cali
Just picked up a 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Seller said it had a blown engine. Took it home, checked the oil and it looked good. Opened up the Radiator and it was bone dry. If you try to start it, it would knock something fierce like the rod was going to come thru the block. I added some antifreeze and some slick 50 to the oil. Started it up and it became really quit. I have been driving it for the last couple weeks and it seems to run great.

How many people here are from So. California?
MrCntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 07:00 PM   #709
jmd2609
Grand Rookie

Hey all, bought my first Jeep ('02 WJ) last March. So far I've been mostly just fixing things...3rd owner (2nd owner decided to delete some things that were "in the way"). Looking forward to scrolling through build logs and noob help bulletins.

Right now I'm trying to reinstall the LDP, purge solenoid, and vapor canister so it can pass inspection...
jmd2609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 05:27 PM   #710
Little Red Zuk
Grand Rookie

Default Kinda noob

Little Red Zuk from other forums here. Been lurking NAGCA for awhile, attended Grand Slam West a few years back in the Samurai when I worked for Ring & Pinion as a vendor.

Have owned a '93 ZJ, and a '96 ZJ

Just purchased a '00 WJ today, 4.0, SelecTrac, only 122K on it for a driver/light wheeler.

Other rigs: 1988 Samurai on 35's (the crawler), 2010 JK 2-door on 35's (the trail rig), 1974 Jeep CJ-5 (the parade Jeep)

Thought I'd pop on to do some more research, still thinking on what I want to do to the WJ

Last edited by Little Red Zuk; 05-20-2017 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Typos
Little Red Zuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement