Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

BigClay's Project White Noise v2.0

111K views 472 replies 56 participants last post by  Brian-Emmons 
#1 · (Edited)
UPDATE: Current setup starts at post #409

I have been lurking around here for a while now and I figured it was time to introduce my rig. I am calling it White Noise because I have almost 170k on it now and with time every jeep seems to begin to make its own unique “sounds” (right now my lifters are clicking), and right after I bought the jeep I put a Flowmaster on it, so I thought the name was fitting.

I bought this 1993, white, 4.slow ZJ in September 1999 with 99k on it. It was my DD and remained stock until I was out of school for a few years.

Stock

In college I bought a Tahoe, and that became my DD and the ZJ sat silent for a while. I would post more pictures below of my rig (because I am sure no one has seen a 93 ZJ on 31” tires!) but my hard drive crashed a few months ago, and I was only able to recover some of my pictures.

Finally I got the itch and it was time to start modifying the jeep in 2007. The jeep was still my secondary vehicle so I decided to keep the lift mild. Instead of a budget boost, I went with the OME 1” Heavy Duty springs and shocks. The lift netted me about 2” of lift. Before I put on the 31” Trxus M/Ts I trimmed the front plastic facia. After the trim I put on the Trxus M/Ts on 15x8 Cragger Soft 8’s.

I decided I needed some front tow point so I went with KOR’s radiator support. I also went ahead and trimmed the front plastic facia all the way around.

Well then, after all of the mods I did, some punk kid thought I needed a few other mods

And then the day after I got that fixed, he decided I needed a few other mods

Well I got everything else fixed (as best as I wanted it fixed), but I needed more room in the cargo area so I decided to get KOR’s roof mounted spare tire carrier, along with the Hi-Lift attachment. I also added a CB, and painted the front “chrome” grill flat black.

Future plans:

Well the lift bug has gotten me so I am in the process of assembling a RE 3.5” superflex kit and I am going to upgrade to all 8 adjustable arms, and I am thinking about adding 1” spacers also

KOR sliders

T-case skid

Gas tank skid

And…?

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeah I found out who it was, it was a punk 16 year old in my neighborhood that had nothing better to do. Unless I had caught him in the act and snapped a picture there was nothing the law could do; and since he was only 16, there was nothing I could really do besides going to his parents, which I did, and they are even more worthless than the kid is.

#6 ·
Clay, no worries man. Karma! That little fawk will get his. I know the feeling man, im very, very protective over my rig so if that happened I would go ape sh*t and start busting heads. Kids really have no respect now-a-days, and im sorry the parents are POS as well. Scum begets scum. And who said nurture versus nature anyways? Agreed, crowbar him back or wait until he gets a car and repay the favor.

RockZJ

#9 ·
Yeah man, I am a believer in what goes around comes around, so that little biotch will get his one day, maybe not by me, but I am sure by someone someday.

#7 ·
Sorry 'bout that punk kid, but he might have been trying to help you with that OBX sticker!
LOL

No but seriously.. sorry that sucks, but it did clean up nicely!

#10 ·
this is the punk that bought my RE 3.5 SF a couple months ago :)

#12 ·
Hahaha when do you think it'll be on the jeep?

#13 ·
I am hoping here in the next couple months. No real rush since Uwharrie is closed for the season. I am thinking about going with all 8 adjustable control arms, so I am saving some money to buy the 6 I still need. I got the brake lines and the bump stops, and I ordered an adjustable track bar from KOR.

Here is a question, do I need to get a rear adjustable trackbar with ~4.5" of lift or will I be OK?

#15 · (Edited)
That sucks what that kid did to your ZJ!

We had a problem once with some of the local punks. They thought it would be really funny to try to kick my front door off the hinges at 2am in the morning and then run away. They scared the h#ll out of my wife and kid.

Anyway, I went running out the door carrying one of these:

I know they were watching from the woods across the street because I heard one of them yell "Oh SH*T!" when they saw me with the gun and they ran off through the woods.

We haven't had any problems since! :)

#16 ·
I thought about getting a pepper spray canister like Dog the Bounty Hunter uses, and staking the jeep out, that way I could actually use it! :)

#17 ·
There was a guy I knew years ago that somehow wired one of those electric fence things to his car. Not sure how he did it but if anyone touched it, they got one hell of a shock (enough to make cows, etc, think twice). I'm not sure if it would work on "modern" cars with all the electronics and computers. It would probably blow something out. He used it on a '65 Pontiac he had.

#18 ·
I included a rear adj tracbar with the lift dude

#19 ·
I know, but it is the one that uses the bracket right? I have just heard the bracket gets ripped off pretty easily.

#20 ·
No I had the bracket and ripped it off and got that tracbar instead of another weak break-it.

#21 ·
OK, I am getting close to installing (i.e. someone else installing and me helping since I am still a noob) the 3.5 RE superflex lift and I wanted to know if it is really worth the extra money to get all 8 adjustable control arms. Right now I have 2 fixed lowers and 2 adjustable lowers. Give me your opinions.

#25 ·
i'd throw on the 3.5 and then wait for some used uppers to show up on here or mc, and snag those as you find them. my jeep did superb with that lift on it, i kinda miss the simplicity of it.

#26 ·
If I was able to get some 4.5" springs, besides the additional lift, what else would I need to consider? Is it worth going from 3.5 to 4.5 on short arms?

#27 ·
Well I put on a new bumper today. I bought it used but it was originally built by Carolina Rock Shop

Here is the heep before

I thought it would be a direct bolt up, but I did have to do some cutting

I also didn't think about the KOR rad support already using the same holes, but I tihnk I got it to work

After a little work it finally all came together.

#31 ·
i was kinda hoping you couldn't use that rad support and wanted to sell it ;)

#34 ·
Finally installed the t-case skid this weekend. It only took me 3 months to get around to it! :) I would have taken pictures but the digital camera decided to blow up on Friday, so hopefully will be getting a new one today. I also took some 409 mold and mildew reomover to the paint, WOW, looks like a new paint job!!! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.