Brakes issues - North American Grand Cherokee Association
North American Grand Cherokee Association

Go Back   North American Grand Cherokee Association > Grand Cherokee Forum > Jeep Grand Cherokee Lounge-ZJ/WJ
Nagca.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-11-2017, 08:48 AM   #1
mmc757
Grand Rookie

Default Brakes issues

Ive got some brakes issues I could use some guidance on:

Pads and rotors were replaced all around last fall, then I loaned the Jeep to a friend for a couple months and didnt see it again until a went to get it back.
When I picked it up, the brakes were spongy with too much travel on the pedal. It still stopped once enough pedal was applied, but certainly not right.
There is a certain amount of resistance on the pedal all the way through, its not like its totally loose, it just doesnt start squeezing until too far down. No significant leaks evident, just oil residue all over the place, Ive got over 300K hard miles and its tough to tell one dirty sticky fluid from another to tell the truth.

I know...could be a leak, could be the MC, could be the booster, right?

Heres my problem. The vehicle is currently 500 miles away. When I go to retrieve it, I will have one day of work available to get it ready for the 500 mile drive home.

Whats the quickest way to make sure I get the problem fixed without messing around chasing gremlins?
mmc757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2017, 09:16 AM   #2
mmc757
Grand Rookie

I should add: Once I get it safely home I can take more time to go deep on it, I just need to get this trip done alive.
mmc757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:10 AM   #3
saketkutta
Grand Rookie

I think WJ adjusts the pedal travel for brake pedal everytime you drive. I think I read it somewhere.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
saketkutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement