DUI replacement rig, in with the zj - Page 3 - North American Grand Cherokee Association
North American Grand Cherokee Association

Go Back   North American Grand Cherokee Association > Rigs, Trips, and Events > Your Jeep Grand Cherokee
Nagca.com is the premier Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-10-2013, 08:23 PM   #21
hansshanks
Grand Rookie

hansshanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2013, 01:19 PM   #22
000shock
Grand Rookie

Sweet GC. My woman just got me the f/r bumper and tank skid plans from flatland and I can't wait to get them done. This whole federal budget and furlough crap is prob gonna bone me and postpone everything tho. Lookin forward to seein your rear tire carrier when it's done! Keep bringing the pics!

-shock-
000shock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:30 PM   #23
hansshanks
Grand Rookie

I too am holding back till I know this budget junk is gonna play out cuz I am a federal technician. Thurs I am headed to cali to pick up a trailer. I am u6ogradeing from 24 foot bumper pull to 38 foot gooseneck enclosed cargo trailer. Rated heavy enough to haul my stuff. Once I get my 24 foot sold I will finish the jeep, gotta do rear bumper, axles, rocker protection, and tcase swap. Then ill be happy with major mods. And can shift focus to interior and cosmetic changes. Like heated seats, stereo, and cb, along with navigation.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:44 PM   #24
hansshanks
Grand Rookie

I decided to finally pull the trigger on the tcase swap on my grand cherokee. While i was at it i did the SYE. i built a drive shaft as a experiment to see if i could. I now need to get it balanced. Any one have a recomendation for a shop to get it balanced. Also some of you more tech savy types. I set the slip joint at middle of the stroke when i set the length with the vehicle setting at ride height. Does mid stroke sound right or does any one have any input?

so i am put a hack n tap on my Grand.

shaft tacked together

now i need the shaft balanced

Old 02-24-2014, 08:39 AM   #25
hansshanks
Grand Rookie

time for a update. Been wheeling all winter. Last month I picked up a 8.8 with 4.10 lsd for the rear of my grand. so I scored a hi pinion front at the junkyard this weekend with 4.10s in it. came out of a 4cyl Cherokee. I got a hair brained idea while I was walking around at the junkyard. I pulled a CAD axle out of a 85 Cherokee with a 4cyl motor. That is geared with 4.10s.

So my hair brain idea , and reason for getting the CAD axle is that I can do a Lincoln locker to the spider gears and then use a manual conversion kit to the CAD. and have a trailer park selectable locker. Any thoughts on this or am I nuts? worse case scenario. if I break it too much I can put the 4.10 gears in one of the other 2 hi pinon non disconnect axles I have.

I also last week ordered artec axle trusses for the front dana 30, and a truss and mounts for my 8.8 swap
Sponsored Links
Advertisement