Re8300 - zj extreme-duty long arm 4.5" 1994 ZJ - Page 6 - North American Grand Cherokee Association
North American Grand Cherokee Association

Go Back   North American Grand Cherokee Association > Grand Cherokee Forum > Lifts, Suspension, Axles, and Steering
Nagca.com is the premier Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-25-2011, 09:43 PM   #51
rexxiboy90807
Grand Rookie

Default FLEXING Ramp Travel Index

Ya, Just a low score of 627 @3.5 springs. Nothing spectacular.

'94 5.2 ZJ- RE 3.5 LA - 33" Tires on Procomp 16x8 Rims 4.5BS - MX6 ADJ SHOCKS- DANA30 FRONT, FORD 8.8 REAR w/ARTEC TRUSS KIT - EATON electric REAR LOCKER - NP242 TC - ARB CKMA12 - RUSTY SKID PLATE - RTI 627
rexxiboy90807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2011, 10:50 PM   #52
tody009
Grand Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexxiboy90807 View Post
@ Tody, if that question was for me, the answer is NO. I don't have any components of my long arms hitting my diff cover. Maybe it behaves differently since you are using SA?
sorry yes it was directed towards you and thanks for the reply. maybe it is because of my short arms but im still trying to figure it out. but yeah my trackbar is hitting the diff cover and thats a no go.. your jeep looks great and i like the long arms and your lift it looks clean and not too tall
tody009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:03 AM   #53
ZJ Woody
Grand Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexxiboy90807 View Post
Ya, Just a low score of 627 @3.5 springs. Nothing spectacular.
Your rear sway-bar is keeping you from getting anywhere near full articulation in your rear suspension.
Over the last 5 years I have played with my suspension changing springs and shocks going from a 2" budget boost to 6" on LAs and my best advice to you would be as several people have said: "Ditch the rear sway bar" handle the rear roll with stiffer springs and or shocks and keep any weight off of the roof.
I think in the long run you will be much happier with both the on and off road performance of your ZJ.
ZJ Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 02:19 AM   #54
blackjack12982
Grand Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameleer View Post
So I'm guessing that no one should use the Rough Country 4" Suspension Lift Kit because it has a bend in the CA, so does TeraFlex, Rock Krawler and I don't know how many others!
Rubicon Express says bend them and the professional shop doing the work says bend them, so that's what they are doing.

As for the sway bar, I see you have a BB, so your front springs have been moved to the back. I can understand why with those stiff spring in the back you wouldn't notice the difference with or without a sway bar, and those 35" tires would make it even less noticeably.

The Rubicon Express RE8300 kit comes with extenders for the rear sway bar and this kit is noted for it's smooth ride.

My 98 ZJ 5.9 looks almost like new and will not often be used for rough off road. This rig is mostly a DD and for desert trips exploring historic sites. Next month I'm planning on a trip down the old Mojave Road to shoot 360 Virtual Reality photos and have a lot of fun!
Bend the control arms, it's not my kit, nor is it my ZJ that's going to be put at risk. You bending the control arms to fit a stock ZJ rear sway bar is absurd. Do you know the procedures for bending it, have you done the required info about pre-heating the metal, or are you just gonna wing it and hope for the best?

What does my supposed suspension setup have to do with your inability to think outside the box about your rear swaybar setup? Walk around a JY looking at the swaybar mounting setups. If you'd spend this this, you could easily find ways to ensure that you have a rear sway bar that wouldn't interfere with your LA's.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:26 AM   #55
Cameleer
Grand Rookie

If the CA was being heated up to bend it I would agree with you.
The shop is using a mandrel bender, and I do trust this person, he's one of the best around!

As for why RE does not bend them, they didn't know about the problem until this person informed them.
How many years have people been installing these? and this guy is the first to discover the problem, I think that says a lot about his workmanship.

All of the photos I'm finding with the RE8300 kit installed have a rear sway bar installed.
People are telling me that no one uses a rear sway bar on a lift. Well I no that's not true!

Rtingdds over at Mallcrawlin has one of the best ZJ rigs I've seen and he's using the RE8300 kit. On his build list he says this, "ORO SwayLoc dual rated swaybar at front & Currie AntiRock rear swaybars (best investments)"

Why are so many companies making custom rear sway bars for jeeps?

Looking at the YJ rear sway bar I found this statement interesting.
"In fact, this sway bar is so good a front sway bar is not necessary".
Check it out

And sure, with rough springs and shocks I can see where a rear sway bar would not do much!
Cameleer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:46 PM   #56
rexxiboy90807
Grand Rookie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameleer View Post
If the CA was being heated up to bend it I would agree with you.
The shop is using a mandrel bender, and I do trust this person, he's one of the best around!

As for why RE does not bend them, they didn't know about the problem until this person informed them.
How many years have people been installing these? and this guy is the first to discover the problem, I think that says a lot about his workmanship.

All of the photos I'm finding with the RE8300 kit installed have a rear sway bar installed.
People are telling me that no one uses a rear sway bar on a lift. Well I no that's not true!

Rtingdds over at Mallcrawlin has one of the best ZJ rigs I've seen and he's using the RE8300 kit. On his build list he says this, "ORO SwayLoc dual rated swaybar at front & Currie AntiRock rear swaybars (best investments)"

Why are so many companies making custom rear sway bars for jeeps?

Looking at the YJ rear sway bar I found this statement interesting.
"In fact, this sway bar is so good a front sway bar is not necessary".
Check it out

And sure, with rough springs and shocks I can see where a rear sway bar would not do much!
Just saw this comments in this old thread, Never got to answer your question, I have no plans removing my rear sway bar for safety reasons. I'm sure some guys here will object to that. With regards to the Uppler Rear Arms, I have no plans to make any changes to it. IMO I would not modify it at all.
'94 5.2 ZJ- RE 3.5 LA - 33" Tires on Procomp 16x8 Rims 4.5BS - MX6 ADJ SHOCKS- DANA30 FRONT, FORD 8.8 REAR w/ARTEC TRUSS KIT - EATON electric REAR LOCKER - NP242 TC - ARB CKMA12 - RUSTY SKID PLATE - RTI 627
Old 03-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #57
rexxiboy90807
Grand Rookie

Angry Broken Trackbar Tab

UPDATE. Trackbar Tab snapped right in the middle. Had to strapped it to get out of the OHV area. Yeah, do not do these strap thingy. Send AAA truckbed to pick you up.

Old 01-18-2014, 02:17 PM   #58
dino30
Grand Rookie

Blackjack982 , Are you a complete idiot ? .................................................. ................................... Bend the control arms, it's not my kit, nor is it my ZJ that's going to be put at risk. You bending the control arms to fit a stock ZJ rear sway bar is absurd. Do you know the procedures for bending it, have you done the required info about pre-heating the metal, or are you just gonna wing it and hope for the best? .................................................. .......................... ........... Preheat the tubing before you bend it ? This is the STUPIDEST thing i have ever heard ..... You do not have to preheat tubing in order to bend it .... I have been building rock crawlers and 4x4's for years and not once have i preheated tubing ... I have never heard this before , nor have i ever seen Anyone or any other shop do this ... If he has access to a bender with the correct dies (which he said he has a shop that does) all he has to do is put the tube in the bender and hit the button ... match both sides and bam its done ... The angel of the bend will not be extreme enough to worry about losing strength . Also if this wasn't a good idea (to have bent control arms ) then why do manufacturers make bent ones ? Like RK ? Just some food for thought , but know what you are talking about before you try to put someone down for building his jeep and trying to fix a problem that came up ....
dino30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:11 PM   #59
rexxiboy90807
Grand Rookie

Ok, Hoping to get this Thread Build back to life. This is a Ford 8.8 with a Artec Truss. Got it from a guy that gave up on the project for $250. It came with LSD 3.73 but the spider gears were bad. Now the plan is to get the Artec Truss kit welded in place. Add E-Locker, 4.10 Ring and Pinion, axle needs to be replace too. Disc brakes etc.
Stay and thanks for lookin.

This is the finish artec truss kit on the Ford 8.8.

Last edited by rexxiboy90807; 06-05-2014 at 11:21 PM.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:02 PM   #60
rexxiboy90807
Grand Rookie

Update

Last edited by rexxiboy90807; 06-05-2014 at 11:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
driveshaft, np242, np249, rubicon, sye