Prentice Cooper Take 2-wheel drive - North American Grand Cherokee Association
North American Grand Cherokee Association

Go Back   North American Grand Cherokee Association > Rigs, Trips, and Events > Lets go on a Grand Cherokee Trail Run
Nagca.com is the premier Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-19-2012, 05:38 PM   #1
Jeeagle
Grand Rookie

Default Prentice Cooper Take 2-wheel drive

Went up again. Needless to say once again the jeep exceed expectations. I wish the photos would convey what the jeep actually managed to get through.

However, the day was not without damage. After riding for about mile and a half discovered my passenger side caliper was sticking badly. After finding the rock outcrop where I knew be sturdy enough to do the repairs. Ended up taking a hour to get off trail, find my nearest AZ and purchase a new reman.

Got it fixed and continued commanding my way through some nasty stuff until we reached the point where 4x4 is a requirement. (signs will say 4x4 only $250 fine for violators.) I made the choice to turn around to avoid any issues with getting out.

Point of turning around...

Found this road which is mainly rock with a nice steepness to it. I was dared to try it believing the Jeep would not make it. I made my friends record for future Sh*ttalking. I wish the video would convey the angles but the Jeep made it up with a good deal of wheel spin (open Diff) but made it to the top Like a 2wd Boss
http://youtu.be/zHm3Sz02Bto

Coming down was just as fun. Watch for some wheel tuck and the front tire standing still. Abs was having fun.
http://youtu.be/ZAP1xLYwgUc

Leaving the area and heading up the side of the mountain heading home I discovered my Driver side caliper decided to go ahead and lock up as well. So ended up on the side of the road and changing it as well. Left Home 10 this morning, arrived around 6. Not a Bay day. Not a Bad Day for my 2wd Jeep.

Current score Trips/getting stuck. 2-0. Those front recovery hooks still being unused!
Jeeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2012, 07:00 PM   #2
Utah_ZJ
Grand Master

I love your enthusiasm, but there is a forest road out here in worse condition that I have seen some crazy folks drive up in a Civic and a Malibu. When my first Jeep was stock back in 1999 I would scrape the skid plates and differentials while driving over stuff in 2wd, fun stuff!

If I were that cheap I wouldn't be driving a Jeep!
Utah_ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:03 PM   #3
xjman88
Grand Rookie

Just some friendly advise, when using your jack u might want to keep a piece of 2x8 to put under it for more stability and prevent from sinking. Looks like a great time in a 2wd. But its a jeep!
xjman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:21 AM   #4
Jeeagle
Grand Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjman88 View Post
Just some friendly advise, when using your jack u might want to keep a piece of 2x8 to put under it for more stability and prevent from sinking. Looks like a great time in a 2wd. But its a jeep!
Jack was sitting on flat rock. We had stopped there for that reason.
Jeeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement