Grand Slam Michigan - Page 37 - North American Grand Cherokee Association
North American Grand Cherokee Association

Go Back   North American Grand Cherokee Association > Grand Slam Events > Grand Slams
Nagca.com is the premier Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-22-2011, 05:37 AM   #361
RedlegWJ
Premium Member
Grand Junkie

Hey, I'm probably heading north again thursday night. When I'm up there, I'm sure I got some 2x4 tube for a crossmember. The outside will be pretty grubby, but very solid. Cutting and welding would clean up most of it anyway. I stopped by Alro Steele in Lansing and they don't allow picking like Cadillac does. They claim to be opening an outlet though, but they'll probably charge retail rate for their drops at something like that. Probably check Cadillac Friday.
99 WJ 4.0 4" Teraflex springs, Iron Rock track bar, modified end links, homemade long arms and rear a-arm with cross members. Rancho RS 9000XL with steering stabilizer. Steel bumpers almost done. '04 driveline swap. Now pending hybrid 44's and stroker build.
RedlegWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2011, 09:58 PM   #362
98silverbullet
Grand Rookie

hey guys didnt wanna read through the whole thread.. not sure if yous did a run or still plan on it.. im front windsor ontario, right across the detroit bridge, ive only been wheelin in the states once so far, atthe mounds and it was great.. i will be goin to the mound next may 24 weekend.. not sure if yous wanna try and set something up
Old 10-28-2011, 10:19 PM   #363
SizeMatters
Grand Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98silverbullet View Post
hey guys didnt wanna read through the whole thread.. not sure if yous did a run or still plan on it.. im front windsor ontario, right across the detroit bridge, ive only been wheelin in the states once so far, atthe mounds and it was great.. i will be goin to the mound next may 24 weekend.. not sure if yous wanna try and set something up
Alot of us wheel at least once a month. But we would certainly set something up. I suck at setting things up though, so let wildspear know, and I will just show up wherever the spot is decided.
SizeMatters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:41 PM   #364
98silverbullet
Grand Rookie

perfect i wheel atlkeast once a month, but goin campin just down the rd from the mounds may long weekend so would liek to meet up with some others.. right now ive got a 95 5.2 grand on a d30 and8.8 6" lift and 35x15.5 sx's... itll be the same or on 38s come may..
Old 10-29-2011, 07:19 AM   #365
wildspear
Grand Zebra
Grand Addict

As far as Grand Slams go I would like to keep ours around the august time frame. And I'm thinking "Bad Lands" might be a good one to try out. As far as May is concerned, I know "Cadilac Jeepers" hold a Jeep Blessing in May. The next one is May 5th, in Mesic, MI. I'll be attending that one and I will be camping at the "Twisted Trails" camp site. Is the may 24th date locked in for you? Be great to have you at the blessing or maybe at our regular get together?
Old 10-29-2011, 06:27 PM   #366
BeaverTown
Grand Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizeMatters View Post
Alot of us wheel at least once a month. But we would certainly set something up. I suck at setting things up though, so let wildspear know, and I will just show up wherever the spot is decided.
X2

Silverbullet, what type of terrain do you like to wheel? Well I've never been to the mounds I hear that it is mostly mud with a few trails and a very hard rock crawl area.

It's good to hear that we've got another ZJ getting near that magic 40" number.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:16 AM   #367
RedlegWJ
Premium Member
Grand Junkie

R&V was awesome, but my ride's not quite ready yet and then deer season will be here soon anyway. If Jeep Blessing falls on my weekend, I'll be there. I'm not sure what permit or agreement they have for the winter run, but I always thought the seasonal roads were closed to wheeled vehicles in the winter when they became designated snowmobile trails. So without a solid answer, it would be tough to schedule a safe winter event, at least on the west side where the snowmobile traffic is a lot heavier.
99 WJ 4.0 4" Teraflex springs, Iron Rock track bar, modified end links, homemade long arms and rear a-arm with cross members. Rancho RS 9000XL with steering stabilizer. Steel bumpers almost done. '04 driveline swap. Now pending hybrid 44's and stroker build.
RedlegWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:28 PM   #368
don4life
Grand Junkie

ive been wanting to check out Twisted Trails but doesnt matter at this point I just wanna get the Jeep dirty
don4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 06:11 PM   #369
nick_n_ii
Grand Junkie

Is there any current interest in a Grand Slam in MI yet?

I know old thread but hey it's worth a shot....
nick_n_ii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:49 PM   #370
wildspear
Grand Zebra
Grand Addict

Hey Nick, I was one of the guys that put the last one together. If your interested we could give it a try and se about putting one together.
Advertisement